State of the German Startup and Venture Capital Landscape, 2017 Edition
A Frontline & Point Nine collaboration: The German startup and VC ecosystem
After publishing our first version of the German Startup and Venture Capital landscape roughly half a year ago, we received a lot of encouraging feedback from various stakeholders of the ecosystem. We thought that the beginning of a new year is a great occasion to update our overview of the German ecosystem and publish an improved version. A lot of things have happened over the last 6 months so it’s definitely time for an update!
First of all, many thanks to all readers for sharing your input and thoughts. Hopefully, we covered most of them. Your feedback and input is invaluable to us and much appreciated. Thanks to you this document comes to life and continuously evolves.
Here is an overview of the major changes we’ve made:
- Added predictions about key developments we anticipate for the next 12 months.
- Updated the various investor overviews.
- Added a new section about foreign investors investing in Germany.
- Included some numbers about the development of the funding environment.
- Added an overview of Corporate VCs and initiatives.
- Included a list of startups to watch in 2017.
- Increased readability on mobile devices; more visuals, less text.
I hope you enjoy the read and it proves helpful to you and your Germany-related activities. We’re curious to get your feedback and input for the next update! Last but not least, many thanks to Thomas and the entire Frontline-Team for the pleasant collaboration on this project!
You can download a PDF-Version of the presentation via Dropbox.