Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. 06–12 Mar/2023
Polkadot / Kusama
- Congratulations to t3rn on winning the Polkadot Parachain Auction #41. The platform specializes in hosting smart contracts and allowing trustless cross-chain smart contract execution.
- Referendum 107, upgrading the Polkadot relay chain to runtime v9370, has passed.
- PolkadotBled, a 3-week hackathon focused on creating groundbreaking NFT solutions and applications in the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem, starts on April 17th.
- Polkadot parachain Unique is minting proof-of-attendance NFTs for fashion label Dundas to release to guests attending its show at Paris Fashion Week.
- The final part of the “Year In Parachains’’ series has been released, and this time it is all about Sustainability, IoT, NFTs, Gaming, & Metaverse. Check it out for a full evaluation of Polkadot’s parachain landscape.
- Polkadot 0.9.39–1 was released with a HIGH upgrade priority. Validators are asked to upgrade as soon as possible.
- Many centralized blockchains and so-called ‘Web3’ companies have failed due to closed-door decisions regarding network operations, and users’ capital has disappeared due to stakeholder involvement in blockchain evolution. Find out why these issues can not happen with Polkadot OpenGov.
- Starting on March 14, Encode Club’s Educate Series will feature eight workshops from Parity, W3F & teams in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- The referendum to help fund the HydraDX Protocol during the upcoming 2 years has successfully passed.
- The Robonomics XRT token is now tradable on Basilisk.
Phala / Khala
- Phala has released its detailed roadmap for 2023, packed with new features and improvements.
- Energy Web is excited to release the Worker Node Toolkit, which enables enterprises to launch a variety of applications for multilateral business processes to the public.
Litentry / Litmus
- Litentry has discovered a governance-attacking proposal. The technical committee has voted to cancel the proposal before being tabled as a referendum and slash the balance of the backers.
- Litentry is excited to announce its partnership with Marketing Knock Token DAO.
Astar / Shiden
- DFG’s comprehensive analysis report on Astar Network is live. Take a deep look at the project’s core metrics, innovations, rapid expansions, and creative-thinking Starmap.
- Astar is partnering with Shibuya City (Japan) to support the ward’s Web3 initiatives.
- Bitget’s new spot listing has been rolled out for ASTR token.
- Web3alert has been whitelisted into Shiden’s dApp staking program.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Revisions to the Moonbeam Grants Program (Referendum 87) have passed via community vote, allocating up to 12mm GLMR tokens to grants for projects over the next 6 months.
- A smart contract issue was reported to the Moonbeam Foundation that enabled a user to withdraw an improper amount of USDC from Moonbeam.
- ONTO Wallet, the DID-based gateway for a seamless Web3 experience, adds support for Moonbeam & Moonriver.
- Since revisions to the Moonbeam Grants Program have passed, projects are now applying for Ecosystem Grants. The next steps will be for the community to give feedback and participate in a Snapshot vote to decide who receives funding. Details.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance will partner with Mekatek to address cross-chain order flow.
Manta / Calamari
- Manta is grateful to everyone who participated in the testnet V3. The incentivized testnet concluded on March 3, and the project has received an overwhelming amount of support, feedback, and testing. The team is now working on the process of launching MantaPay on Calamari Network.
Enjin / Efinity
- Enjin’s Associate GC and Head of IP & Content attended the Legal 500 GC conference in the Philippines. The session discussed opportunities, risks, and strategies for businesses considering adopting NFTs. Read more.
- The highly-anticipated ADAR dApp is now available for public testing on the SORA Network.
- SORA v1.9.0 has been released on the testnet.