Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. April 25 — May 1
Polkadot News Review:
PNS — a Substrate-based decentralized domain name system. Learn more how it works from our latest review! Short About: PNS. Polkadot Name System.
Owning wallets and keys can be intimidating for new blockchain users. W3F is looking to fund the development of a social recovery wallet for Polkadot, allowing users to recover their accounts if their key or other authentication mechanism has been lost.
Polkadot / Kusama
- Referendum 59, to unbrick the Phala parachain, is passing by a wide margin.
- Following exceptional interest from the Argentinian community, Buenos Aires was added as the fifth venue for Polkadot Decoded 2022. The agenda for all five locations will soon be released.
- Litentry has officially won the 15th Polkadot parachain auction.
- After winning Kusama’s 32nd auction, Dora Factory will be onboarded as its 34th parachain (plus Statemine & Encointer).
Acala / Karura
- Coinbase Cloud is working with Acala to support liquid staking for Karura, supporting the growth of the Polkadot and Kusama DeFi ecosystems. Learn what it means for the ecosystem, and token holders.
- Mangata integrates aUSD as the default stablecoin for the Mangata X ecosystem. Users will enjoy capital-efficient staking and stablecoin trading pairs for Polkadot, Kusama, & Ethereum-based tokens using aUSD. Learn more about the integration.
- SubWallet, a Web3 Multiverse wallet for Polkadot & Kusama, can now be used on Acala to manage assets seamlessly. Users can mint aUSD, interact with DApps, and manage their Acala & Karura NFTs.
Bifrost Crowdloan on Polkadot has reached the soft top of 300,000 $DOT. No BNC rewards will be offered for contributions over 300,000 DOT. The vsDOT minting volume has surpassed 2M and will soon activate vsDOT liquidity farming.
- Can Stellar assets be used in smart contracts? Pendulum’s Spacewalk Bridge will make it happen. They have been building on Interlay’s XCLAIM technology to make bridging assets from Stellar to any Kusama or Polkadot parachain possible. Details.
- Pendulum crowdloan on Kusama is approaching. Date will be announced soon.
Litentry / Litmus
- Litentry has updated the documentation with a list of planned features after winning the auction. Features include a bidirectional token bridge, XCM, PoS collation & staking, Cooperation with PNS, and LIT utilities. See the full list.
- A new project is building on the Litentry Parachain. AdMeta provides ad services that value user’s privacy. Catch them in the metaverses soon.
Astar / Shiden
- Shiden is participating in Kusama’s latest crowdloan. You still have time to join.
- Astar’s NFT Pitch Contest has been extended.
- Orcus Finance has become the 1st independent project on Astar Network which uses Subsquid - an on-chain data indexing framework and a platform for serverless Web3 APIs. Subsquid helps to show and store correct and up-to-date data for Orcus dApp which come from the blockchain.
Interlay / Kintsugi
KBTC continues to push the frontiers of DeFi, with the addition of KINT & — USDC now up for discussion as collateral assets. Check this post to learn more.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Moonbeam Foundation has announced that Fireblocks, the custody technology and liquidity network for institutional customers, now supports MOVR and GLMR tokens. Read more.
- Moonbeam app is now available on Ledger Live! How to use your Ledger device with the native Moonbeam app.
- Dapplooker integrates with Moonbeam. The integration enables developers on Moonbeam to create, fork and share dashboards to analyze smart contracts and on-chain data. Users can run SQL queries on smart contract data, build charts and dashboards.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Pablo, the first protocol to launch on Picasso, will become a core pillar within the Composable ecosystem by providing deep liquidity for traders, aligned incentives for token holders & sustainable yield for LPs.
- Composable has received a grant from the Interchain Foundation for its work on the Inter-Blockchain Communication Protocol: IBC-Go.
Parallel Finance / Heiko
- With more liquidity added to Parallel, they would like to remind users of their top-notch security protocols to ensure funds’ safety. Since its inception, there have been 0 successful attacks against the platform.Take a look at the auditing process here.
- Contributions are now live for Origin Trail’s crowdloan. Anyone contributing via Parallel will additionally receive PARA and cDOT rewards. Don’t forget to register for your stackable OTP bonuses.