Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. August 15th-21st/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- “Green Bird’’ is a series of lectures on Polkadot, Kusama, and environmentally friendly projects in the ecosystem, organized by RMTerra & Polkadot ambassadors. Check out the next event to be held in Porto.
- DOT staking is now available at BinanceUS. Learn how to manage your DOTs, and start staking in minutes.
- What happened to Kusama in the first 6 months of 2022? Impressive numbers, featuring Moonwell, Karura, Bifrost and RMRK. Check out SubWallet’s Deep Dive report for more details on the entire ecosystem.
Acala / Karura
- Acala has published the results of tracing on-chain activity after the recent incident that lead to error minting of aUSD. Traces so far have identified 99% of the total error mints.
- A bounty of up to 5% will be offered to any party who returns at least 95% of total funds transferred out. Once returned, no further actions will then be taken towards these addresses regarding the funds transferred from Acala to Polkadot.
- Acala’s community can collectively formulate proposals following each trace report to resolve (mostly by burning) the erroneous minting of aUSD, and then gradually resume paused network operations.
- Bifrost is now supported on Fearless Wallet.
- Since Bifrost launched their Staking Liquidity Protocol, users have minted more than 175.000 vKSM. About 22% of these were minted in the last week, thanks to those who joined the RainbowBoost 3.0 Program.
- Bifrost is proud to announce the partnership with Blockdaemon, the leading independent blockchain node infrastructure. They will provide high-quality and stable performance Kusama validators for Bifrost’s first liquid staking derivative vKSM.
Litentry / Litmus
OAK / Turing
Centrifuge / Altair
Astar / Shiden
- Hexa-Farming Campaign launch: 120k token reward promised (consisting of ASTR, AVAT, ASRW, SRS, ATID, and KGL). The first half will be directly distributed to all participants who join the Hexa-Farming Deposit Campaign, and the other half is reserved for all users who participate in the Gleam mission.
- Shiden opened a direct line to OAK Network. Builders on Shiden can now automate any extrinsic or smart contract function using OAK’s event-driven execution combined with cross-consensus messaging (XCM).
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Moonbeam’s Connected Contracts Hackathon is now open to submissions.
- Etherspot, the smart wallet platform, is being integrated into Moonbeam. Developers on the network will have access to Etherspot’s SDK & its full suite of features, including P2P payment channels, multi-chain infrastructure and more.
- Moonbeam and Moonriver collator staking is now available on Fearless Wallet.
- Nova Wallet adds support for MOVR cross-chain transfers between some of the top chains on Kusama. Details.
Composable Finance / Picasso
Bit.Country / Pioneer
Parallel Finance / Heiko
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- SORA has announced the results of the first round of the DeFi Writing Contest. It is not too late to take part in it: share your DeFi and Substrate stories to win from the monthly 5000 XSTUSD prize pool.