Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. February 06–12/2023
Polkadot / Kusama
- The latest Messari report into Polkadot is out. Among many other data points, it reveals daily active accounts increased by 64%, and new accounts increased by 49% in Q4 2022.
- An experiment to teach Ethereum XCM, and what’s next for Polkadot system parachains — hear Parity’s Stefan Sopic on a recent webinar with The Block.
- Staking on Polkadot is intuitive with the Staking Dashboard. A step-by-step process will help you become a nominator or a pool member.
- Each week Parity is diving into Polkadot to explore the tech pushing the boundaries of Web3. Check out the latest session on XCM Config & Pallet-XCM.
- On March 2nd — 5th, do not miss your chance to meet with the teams from the Polkadot ecosystem at ETHDenver 2023. Learn about the groundbreaking technology being built on Polkadot, and join building the Multichain.
- More than 20,000 people have tragically lost their lives in Monday’s devastating earthquake in Turkey & Syria. If you feel moved to contribute to relief efforts by donating DOT and other tokens to verified wallet addresses, head here.
Acala / Karura
- Acala is excited to announce the mainnet launch of its EVM+. Engineers custom-built this dev environment to combine the best of both worlds between EVM+Substrate.
- One of the first teams to launch with the Acala EVM+, Subsquid, brings Acala ecosystem developers fast and performant indexing to Acala DApps via Squids. Learn more.
- Here is a quick 4-step guide on how to stake your DOT on Acala in 10 minutes or less for over 25% in the annual DOT reward rate.
Phala / Khala
- Curious about the Phala ambassador program? Check out what some of its ambassadors have to say.
- Phala announced the launch of its Builders Program. This program provides funding, technical guidance, and marketing support to innovative projects seeking to build on Phala’s decentralized, trustless cloud computing using Phat Contract.
Litentry / Litmus
- Litentry is gearing up for the first LIT burning event. It will take place at block height 1,723,800, which is around February 19th. 568,750 LIT will be burned.
- Following the recent congestion on the ETH network, Litentry reports that the bi-directional connection has been affected. The Parachain team has applied the fix, it should start to scan the missing blocks and execute any balance transfer that was skipped. It means that users who did not get the ERC20 LIT should gradually receive the balance transfer.
Astar / Shiden
- ASTR token is now available on Upbit Exchange. With this collaboration, Astar is now more connected with multiple regions in Asia, strengthening its presence in Japan and Korea.
Interlay / Kintsugi
- Whether you are an experienced trader or just curious, this is your chance to test and experience the ease of lending, borrowing, and swapping BTC. Join the Bitcoin DeFi Hub trading competition on the Kintsugi Testnet.
Centrifuge / Altair
- From balance sheet management to RWA collateral-backing: Centrifuge’s Asad Khan has shared his views on the frameworks required for building and scaling Aave’s highly anticipated stablecoin, GHO.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- DAM is officially live on Moonbeam. With its multi-chain infrastructure, it serves as a globally shared liquidity layer between Polkadot & Ethereum, allowing users to mint + teleport its d2o stablecoin via dReservoir.
- Moonbeam is excited to announce a new collaboration with Subsquid by bringing a new course to Moonbuilders Academy. Learn how to use their indexing SDK & archives to extract historical on-chain data at scale.
- The first session of Moonbeam Universe 2.0 is happening on February 16. Save your spot.
- Braindex, the DEX aggregator & trade optimizer, integrates with Moonbeam, bringing highly optimized swaps to users via its protocol-agnostic approach.
- Moonriver Rise has officially begun. Participate in the community forum, collect badges, and earn a pizza along with a spot at the MOVRine Pizza Party.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- As Composable Finance dives into its next installment of DeFi Bridging Explored, get ready for the next wave of cross-ecosystem dApps — IBC everywhere, powered by Centauri.
- Picasso’s Release 3 kicked off with frontend updates to the Pablo DEX inspired by user feedback. Stay tuned for new ways to use PICA throughout February.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
- Bit.Country shared the upcoming features of its community-owned metaverse Kaosland: Governance, Avatar 2.0, Satellite map layer, First game, and framework.
- A newKILT referendum to enable AssetDIDs and public credentials on KILT Spiritnet is up for a vote.