Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. January 23–29/2023
Polkadot / Kusama
- Referendum 100 on Polkadot has recently started, proposing to enable pre-checking for runtime upgrades on parachains. It is currently passing unanimously.
- Celebrating the first full year of parachains at Polkadot is a good time to provide an update on the journey so far. An in-depth blog kicks off with DeFi — a sector providing a myriad of successful auction winners.
- Polkadot’s native token DOT is, and always has been, co-ordinating software. Following W3F’s announcement on DOT morphing into a non-security, read this thread to learn how DOT was able to morph, what Polkadot is, and the primary goals of the network.
- Hear Gavin Wood, Polkadot founder, and Raul Romanutti, Polkadot Council member, discuss community treasuries grants & Open Governance at the second Polkadot Blockchain Academy.
- Moonbeam Foundation has successfully secured a new Kusama parachain lease, enabling Moonriver to continue to operate as a parachain without interruption.
Astar / Shiden
Interlay / Kintsugi
- The governance proposal on the allocation of funds for the Interlay Grants Program is up. The program will fund software development and research efforts related to Interlay and Kintsugi.
Centrifuge / Altair
- Here is a good read on two Centrifuge initiatives that will help to bring institutional-quality real-world assets (RWAs) on-chain.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- AirLyft, the marketing platform for Web3 projects, has integrated with Moonbeam. It gives teams the power to run customized campaigns, automate contests, & create NFTs/on-chain incentives.
- Listen in for a discussion on what is new with Gov2 & how to participate or make proposals via governance on Moonbeam & Moonriver. Release notes for Runtime 2100, which includes the integration for OpenGov, can be found here.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance is pushing Cosmos IBC further with Centauri, its trustless bridging solution. This latest article dives into the infrastructure-level improvements the team is making to bring IBC to new ecosystems.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
- Are you looking for a challenge & want to test your Bit.Country knowledge? Try Bit.Country’s Crew3 campaign. Each correct answer earns you Experience (XP) points which will have future utility.
Manta / Calamari
- It becomes clearer every day that privacy is a critical utility for Web3. Learn about how Manta is making that happen throughout all of Polkadot.
- The new KILT website is now live. Learn about digital identity, browse enterprise use cases, dive into KILT’s new Constitution, and access developer resources to start building with KILT.
- As you already know, DID is the first step towards building your decentralized digital identity. KILT’s new website offers two convenient paths to obtain it. Read more.
- Dock has completed the development work on a bidirectional bridge between Dock and Ethereum enabling users to migrate assets between both chains.
- Dock’s partnership with MyCointainer will provide DOCK token holders with more staking options and rewards than ever before. Details.
- Dock has welcomed over 6400 users to the Certs Platform since its launch a little over a year ago.
HydraDX / Basilisk
- Hydra’s HDX token is now tradeable on Kraken and WBTC is now tradeable in the HydraDX Omnipool.
- Energy Web Behind the Scenes #1: learn more about the project’s technology, solutions, ecosystem, and Energy Web itself.