Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. July 4th — July 10th/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- The Chainlink Spring 2022 Hackathon is finished now. Check this thread to meet the winners in Polkadot’s category “Parachains and Pallets” and watch the hackathon’s closing ceremony to hear an overview of the projects.
- Polkadot’s Governance v2 will remove Polkadot Council and Technical Committee, and will allow unlimited referenda. Read more.
- A new Polkadot staking dashboard was introduced.
- Polkadot 0.9.25 has been released with MEDIUM upgrade priority for both Polkadot and Kusama.
- Congratulations to Darwinia Network on winning Polkadot’s 21st parachain auction. Darwinia is building a cross-chain messaging infrastructure, which will provide a reliable and programmable cross-chain platform for decentralized applications.
- Tinkernet (the canary network of the InvArch Network) is a winner of 43th Kusama Parachain Auction.
- Stablecoins in Polkadot: check out this exciting article from Polkadot News.
Acala / Karura
- Tired of long unbonding periods and illiquid DOT staking? Acala’s DOT Liquid Staking for Polkadot introduces several benefits for DOT holders.
- Gauntlet recommends increasing liquidation ratios for KSM and LKSM vaults on Acala to decrease market risk on the platform. KSM will be increased from 1.35 to 1.4 and LKSM from 1.75 to 1.8.
- Acala has introduced the ‘Interprotocol aUSD Distribution Scheme’ (IADS), enabling Tapio, Taiga, and protocols on any parachain to be liquidity distributors for aUSD across Polkadot and Kusama.
- AIR/aUSD is going live on Karura Swap, with a 1M AIR + 2,000 KAR incentive program. Altair and Karura will seamlessly communicate and transfer tokens cross-chain. Bootstrapping is expected to begin on July 13.
Astar / Shiden
- Astar Safe is coming with the help of ProtoFire. Safe users can now create a multisig account to protect their crypto assets.
- DOT Festival was an absolute success, with over $10M DOT TVL. Astar thanks everyone for joining. Currently, they are finalizing the data for ASTR rewards and expect to begin distribution over the next two weeks.
Interlay / Kintsugi
Centrifuge / Altair
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Moonbeam goes beyond Ethereum compatibility to provide important developer features, such as the Batch Precompile, for a better end-user experience. Details.
- Harvest Moon is about growing the ecosystem by building the core of Moonbeam’s cross-chain connected smart contract vision & bringing it to life. The result will be new use-cases that redefine what’s possible in web3.
- June was a busy month on Moonriver Network, including multiple new cross-chain integrations, announcing winners for the Moonriver Grant Hackathon & more. Read June’s Moonbeam Monthly Dispatch for a full recap.
- Using this SDK to submit transactions without the Zenlink DEX frontend can simplify asset trading on dotsama. See how.
- Zenlink has now switched to single-chain connection & data display mode, along with some updates in UI & UX on Moonbeam/Moonriver and Bifrost. Other significant updates.
- Long-term farming on Bifrost is now live on Zenlink, and users can now earn rewards for a long time by farming LP at once.
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance is presenting the top-level highlights in their bi-weekly dev log for Mosaic, Picasso, Apollo, Pablo, and more on the Composable XCVM following its demo at UNCHAINED.
- Through innovative use of its technology stack, Composable Finance will use a new dual-parachain strategy that maximizes the impact of both parachains (Composable and Picasso) to achieve their full potential.
- Composable Finance is excited to officially launch Composable Research. They are launching it to accelerate and improve the process of building, educating, and promoting Web3.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
Parallel Finance / Heiko
- Parallel Finance is pleased to announce that they have opened the next KSM crowdloan. More details in this post.
- Parallel has distributed cDOT8–15 to everyone who contributed to a project in Polkadot’s crowdloan auction batch 3. Expect cDOT8–15 to be listed in Parallel’s AMM and as ‘Free Liquidation Loan’ asset in their Money Market soon.
- Parallel asked their community via On-Chain Vote to decide if HKO should be listed on centralized exchanges. With 99% “Aye” the community said “Yes”, so Parallel will stick to this decision and put it into action.
Manta / Calamari
- Calamari has been online for almost a year, their last lease period on Kusama is underway. To continue operating after the lease period has expired Calamari’s governance must send an XCM message to Kusama with referendum 22. Read more.
- Recently the Dolphin Testnet underwent an update that caused unexpected downtime, after implementing fixes Manta is happy to say the Testnet is online introducing: 2x faster sync time for account creation and 100x faster incremental sync time.
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- Equilibrium has introduced a new liquidity farming model: learn more about the mechanics and reward distribution scheme here.
- Equilibrium announces its latest integration with Polygon to bring cross-chain all-in-one DeFi functionality to the Polygon and Ethereum ecosystems. This is the first interconnection between Polkadot and Polygon