Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. June 13–19/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- Congratulations to Imbue Network on winning the 40th Kusama Parachain Auction!
- Less than two weeks left before Polkadot Decoded opens a window into all things Polkadot and Web3. Check the full program, and register for specific locations (Berlin, Buenos Aires, Hangzhou, and New York) or the virtual conference.
- Join the MemesComeTrue Gleam competition to dive into all things Polkadot, showcase your creativity, and get a chance to win out of 100 unique Polkadot swag kits and 50 Polkadot-branded Ledger Nano X’s.
- The next Polkadot parachain slot auction has already begun.
- Pendulum intends to bridge the gap between the fiat and DeFi ecosystems. It will allow DeFi to be connected to the FX and establish AMMs to provide LPs for fiat currencies and generate yield earning opportunities for fiat token holders. Learn more in our latest review.
- Pendulum‘s sister network Amplitude will participate in the next Kusama Parachain Auction on 29th June, 2022!
+10% — the waitlist with early supporters bonus;
+up to 6.5% — referral bonus;
+up to 3% by completing the “Amplifier” campaign!
Join the crowdloan waitlist here.
- “Algorithmic stablecoins, while promising in theory, are still experimental in nature and should be viewed as such. Utilizing collateralized stablecoins offers the greatest security in the current environment”. “ How Stable are Stablecoins?” — study by Pendulum team.
- Pendulum and Amplitude parachains will leverage aUSD to facilitate its cryptocurrency and fiat exchange services across different chains. Amber, Pendulum’s first DApp set to launch on its Polkadot parachain, will integrate aUSD.
Acala / Karura
- With the deployment of Wormhole bridge on Karura’s EVM+, the Acala EVM+ has now officially launched for devs and users. Users can join the new 3Pool on Karura from Taiga Protocol (aUSD, USDC, USDT). Learn more.
- Equilibrium is integrating with Acala to bring over-collateralized aUSD to its ecosystems on Polkadot and Kusama. EQ and Genshiro will integrate aUSD and other Acala tokens like LDOT into its money market, stableswap, and staking.
- Bifrost Polkadot parachain roadmap goes live. It is divided into 3 phases: launching, cross-chain, and integration, which will further expand the application of derivatives in the ecosystem.
- Bifrost has launched a proposal to lend a total of 50,000 KSM as initial base liquidity for the KSM and vKSM pair. It will drive the use of vKSM in various scenarios in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Bifrost has announced the Crowdloan compensation results referendum on chain. Over 300,000 DOT soft cap contributions will be compensated according threshold, the corresponding BNC standard during the early bird and non-early bird periods.
Litentry / Litmus
Astar / Shiden
- Astar has 2,000,000 ASTR in bonus rewards and AstridDAO + ArthSwap have increased incentives for DOT pools. Learn more.
- Covalent x Astar partnership has been announced. Covalent gives developers access to high-quality data that will allow them to build faster and easier with their indexing solution.
- Astar XCM Vision Part 3 is out.
Interlay / Kintsugi
- Interlay introduced the Innovator Programme — an updated community system. It includes new roles, leveling system, and a bounty system, funded by Interlay and Kintsugi treasuries.
- Now that staking and governance are live on Interlay, they would like to open an XCM channel with Acala and with Moonbeam to facilitate transfers and further cross-chain developments. Share your thoughts.
Centrifuge / Altair
- Preview version of the Centrifuge App’s new UI / UX. This is what RWAs and credit on-chain will soon look like.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Chainlink Price Feeds are now live on Moonbeam giving developers access to Chainlink’s oracle network & providing asset data that will help support new multi-chain dApp architectures. Details.
- Moonbeam is excited to share details on Pocket Network’s integration with Moonbeam & Moonriver networks. Read this article to learn more about what this means for the ecosystem.
- A proposal for Runtime Upgrade 1605 on Moonriver is up for vote until Tuesday, June 21. If passed, the upgrade will be executed & introduce native support for batch transactions.
- xcRMRK withdrawals are now enabled on KuCoin. Users can transfer their xcRMRK from the KuCoin Exchange directly to Moonriver
Composable Finance / Picasso
- Composable Finance is announcing their UNCHAINED Hackaton with the mentorship provided by Interchain Foundation and Confio. Attendees will have the opportunity to solve various challenges with prizes of up to $10,000 for stellar performance.
- At Composable Finance, their vision is to abstract complexities associated with cross-chain interactions, hence the team find bridging different ecosystems vital. They are extending Cosmos IBC to NEAR Protocol and introducing a trustless bridge between Polkadot and NEAR.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
Parallel Finance / Heiko
- Important note for the Parallel community: Starting with batch 40, Parallel will no longer support KSM crowdloans on its Platform. Nothing has changed for DOT crowdloan auctions. Right now there is one project (Totem) listed for DOT crowdloan auctions.
- Special contest for Parallel ambassadors — share your ideas for community development. 3 best ideas will be chosen & implemented together with their creators. Details.
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- Have you joined the ongoing Equilibrium Community Airdrop on CoinMarketCap yet? $50,000 worth of EQ tokens for 1000 lucky winners. Ends on June 22, participate here.
- Equilibrium is proud to announce the integration with Acala to bring aUSD to the ecosystem. Equilibrium and Genshiro will support native assets of Acala and Karura including: KAR, ACA, aUSD, LCDOT, LDOT, LKSM.
- Genshiro has submitted the treasury proposal on Kusama. If it passes through voting, their liquidity pools will receive funding from the treasury.