Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. May 9–15
Polkadot / Kusama
- Motion 196, to open up HRMP channels between Statemint and five different parachains, is currently under consideration by the Polkadot Council.
- Cointelegraph has released an exciting article titled “Polkadot vs. Ethereum: Two equal chances to dominate the Web3 world”.
- The Polkadot Staking Update for April is out. This edition introduces nomination pools, which will allow the staking system to scale and are now available on Westend to try out.
- Parity introduced Square One — a new initiative offering ecosystem direction and a customized support route across Substrate resources for new and early-stage builders.
- Polkadot is going to Davos — The World Economic Forum that engages the foremost political, business, cultural leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Save your spot to hear from Purestake (Moonbeam), Enjin (Efinity), BOT Labs (KILT protocol), Trace Labs (OriginTrail), Robonomics and Bit.Country.
- Registration is now live for PolkadotDecoded 2022! Choose from five locations around the world, including Berlin, New York, Buenos Aires, Shanghai, and Mexico City, and join the biggest Polkadot event of the year.
Acala / Karura
- DOT Liquid Staking (LDOT) is live on Acala. You can now stake your DOT on Acala to stay liquid and earn ~72% APY in DOT and aUSD stablecoin rewards. Details.
- Acala and Moonbeam have launched the first Polkadot cross-chain connection, allowing for native communications and token transfers between the two chains without the need for bridges.
- Ready to start liquid staking your KSM on Karura? Watch this video to see how simple it is to stake your KSM to get Liquid KSM ($LKSM) on Karura.
- Bifrost has issued extra rewards for OAK/Turing and Centrifuge contributors. Log in to Bifrost Wallet to check your BNC balance.
- Bifrost has successfully launched the vsBond Convert function. To improve vsBond utilization you can convert them to vsKSM here.
- Bifrost on-chain behavior incentive program Rainbow Boost is live now. If you have participated in the first 5 Kusama crowdloans or Karura BNC Bootstrap, login your address here.
Astar / Shiden
- Sota Watanabe has published Astar’s plan for the upcoming months. They enter a new chapter and will do their best to make the fundamental smart contract platform for the multi-chain era.
- Astar x Subwallet Serpenator Giveaway: win a custom Serpenator NFT. Learn more and register here.
- Satori Finance was launched on Astar. Satori is a decentralized derivatives platform allowing to share liquidity and trade across different Polkadot parachains.
- This collection of Shmonsters was created on Shiden Network to educate new users on entering the crypto world and becoming more familiar with crypto slang.
- Shiden Network has won Kusama’s 34th auction. It is their second win, and this time 398 network stakeholders locked up KSM in favor.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Moonriver has successfully moved to its new parachain slot, where it now continues to produce blocks. The Moonbeam Foundation acquired this new slot in March & the swap was achieved with no interruption or downtime. Read more.
- Runtime 1500 Upgrade is now live on Moonriver & coming soon to Moonbeam. This upgrade introduces functionality for collator slot sharing, changes to staking rewards during unbonding, & optimizations for transacting w/ dApps & cross-chain assets.
- Subspace Network has added support for Moonbeam and is archiving the full history of Moonbeam Network.
Composable Finance / Picasso
As part of Composable’s commitment to reward Picasso Network ecosystem users and uniting Cosmos with DotSama, a portion of PBLO tokens is distributed as an airdrop to Osmosis token stakers in addition to Picasso ecosystem users. Details.
With the end of the 5th cycle of the “Invite to Earn” campaign, Zenlink will suspend it. Users who have participated during this cycle will still be able to claim rewards on Moonbeam or Bifrost as normal.
Bit.Country / Pioneer
Manta / Calamari
- With the support of Polkadot as the prize sponsor, Manta Network has designed a zkp challenge for ZPRIZE to push innovation for privacy in web3. Read more and apply.
- The Calamari Network collator program has been very successful and growing at a healthy pace. Take a look at the progress and learn how to join here.
Parallel Finance / Heiko
- The Totem DOT Crowdloan is live on Parallel. For each DOT staked contributors will receive: cDOT liquidity tokens (at a near 1:1 ratio), 4 PARA and 0.1+ KAPEX.
- Have any Questions about Parallel’s DOT Liquid Staking? Use this helpful guide for step-by-step instructions on how to stake your DOT and maximize your yield.
- Parallel users can still join in on OriginTrail DOT crowdloan and receive a 5% early bird bonus.
Equilibrium / Genshiro
- Equilibrium now supports Talisman. Get the Talisman extension and put it to use on Equilibrium’s Kusama-based Genshiro.
- EQ Gleam Community Giveaway: $10,000 worth EQ tokens is up for grabs. 250 random winners will get $40 worth of EQ tokens each at Public Sale price. All you need to do is simply complete the tasks on gleam to win. Take part here.
Enjin / Efinity
Enjin will join the Polkadot delegation at the World Economic Forum in Davos, allowing them to present their vision of a decentralized, sustainable, user-governed metaverse to policymakers and executives. Learn more.