Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. Oct 11 — Oct 17
Parachain auctions and crowdloans
- After winning the 11th parachain auction, Kintsugi is now being onboarded as Kusama’s 12th parachain (11-auction winning parachains, plus Statemine). What is Kintsugi? Learn from our review: Short About: InterBTC & Kintsugi BTC
- Referendum for First Parachain Auctions on Polkadot is now passing.
If approved by Polkadot’s on-chain governance, the initial auctions will take place on Polkadot as follows (note that dates are approximate):
- Binance to Support Polkadot Parachain Slot Auction. Announcement.
- Huobi Global announced their support for the DOT auctions.
Polkadot / Kusama
- Live from Sub0 Polkadot founder, Robert Habermeier, announces parachain technical readiness. “After audits and significant deployments on Rococo and Kusama Network, it is believed that parachains are ready for an initial production release.”
- Web3 Foundation is celebrating the 11th round of grants accepted. After surpassing the 300 grants milestone back in August, it’s time to wrap things up and conclude yet another round of successful applications. This time around, 23 new agreements have been signed. Details.
- Rococo, the parachain testnet that laid the groundwork for parachains on Kusama Network and Polkadot, now evolves into a community-maintained parachain testbed. Learn about the upcoming Rococo revamp and what it means for parachain teams.
- Zenlink presented the project’s Tokenomics.
Mangata Finance introduced Themis Protocol — a solution to MEV (Miner Extractable Value). This solution is optimized for DEX-specific blockchains but may serve as inspiration for wider app-specific use cases.
- The Beta version of Zeitgest app is ready. In Zeitgeist Beta, you’ll be able to trade on pre-curated Prediction Markets, and even create your own. Register.
Astar / Shiden
Dapp Staking allows devs to earn SDN tokens by making products, which is based on their performance and decentralized governance, while SDN token holders can stake tokens on dApps and infrastructure.
- EmiDAO’s application for the Builders Program has been accepted by the community!
Fearless Wallet dev team migrates from SORAMITSU to create Nova Wallet App.
Manta / Calamari
Squad Game is Manta Network’s token event that is exclusively available for the Manta community.
If you are a Calamari Network Crowdloan participant who has contributed at least 0.5 KSM, then you are qualified for the exclusive Round 1 whitelist.
Acala / Karura
The Acala Network Crowdloan will now offer two on-chain options for contributing DOT: directly contributing through the crowdloan module with a two-year lock, or contributing via Acala’s Liquid Crowdloan vault. Learn more.
Centrifuge / Altair
Runtime upgrade and snapshot migration shipped! Balances & accounts from the CFG snapshot have been migrated onto the Altair parachain. If you had CFG on Centrifuge Chain on block 6650475 (circa July 16, 2021), you will now have an equivalent amount of AIR. Vesting / lockup periods have also been migrated accordingly.
Next upgrade: enabling AIR crowdloan reward claims for the contributors.
Moonbeam / Moonriver
Composable Integrates Moonriver into the Mosaic PoC Bridge. Adding MoonriverNW to Mosaic by Composable Finance will allow users to be able to transfer assets between any project deployed on these aforementioned platforms. Details.