Polkadot Ecosystem Weekly Digest. October 31th — November 6th/2022
Polkadot / Kusama
- Nomination pools became live on Polkadot. You can now stake and obtain staking rewards by nominating via pool with a minimum of 1 DOT. Learn more about creating & joining a nomination pool with the new Staking Dashboard.
- The next runtime upgrade vote on Kusama will include Gov2: a new phase in on-chain governance will start.
- Polkadot’s native token, initially offered, sold and delivered to purchasers as a security, has morphed and no longer is a security. It is software now.
- Ajuna Network has won the Polkadot parachain slot #31. The platform provides a simplified way for Unreal and Unity developers to build an incentive layer into their games using tokenized virtual goods.
Pendulum / Amplitude
- Pendulum is introducing the Stellar Oracle, an innovative piece of infrastructure that brings the project closer to the vision of a truly decentralized Spacewalk bridge.
- Amplitude underwent a runtime upgrade. KSM tokens can now move between Amplitude & Kusama, completing most of the Amplitude rollout.
Acala / Karura
Phala / Khala
Crust / Shadow
Litentry / Litmus
- The Sudo was removed from Litmus, contributing to the future of Litentry’s Decentralisation. This results in Litentry having less control in the Litmus Parachain and requiring governance to make extrinsic changes.
- Litentry’s 2nd referendum was successfully held. The new inflation model is now in effect.
Astar / Shiden
- Astar starts migrating to native USDT for better security.
- CLV & Astar are now connected via XCM integration. The cross-chain transfer with Astar is now fully enabled, and this will allow connected contract interactions and CLV cross-chain token transfers through Astar’s cross-chain messaging network.
- Astar’s dApp Staking Portal V2 is live. New features and improved UI will help provide a better staking experience.
Centrifuge / Altair
Moonbeam / Moonriver
- Skytale, a full-suite analytics & crypto asset management platform, integrates to Moonbeam. Individuals & businesses can now track balances, check historical transactions, export wallets to CSV, & prepare data for accounting & tax reports using it.
- Moonbeam Ignite is sparking activity & record user growth into the Moonbeam ecosystem. Since ignition, total transactions have risen by over 13%, the number of wallet addresses by over 185%, & TVL by over 30% in October.
- Runtime Upgrade 1901 is now live on Moonriver, enabling auto-compounding for staking rewards, randomness, & on-chain ID verification for users on the network.