Polkamarkets Monthly Recap — July 2021
Over the last month, we focused entirely on our technology to develop our app towards mainnet delivery, where the process of market creation and resolution will be completely decentralized. The objective is clear: launch Polkamarkets on the Polkadot/Moonbeam Network Mainnet and give the market a powerful forecasting tool. The future is in our sights and we move relentlessly forward.
Many technology updates were developed as suggested by our community and supporters that actively gave us feedback on our Discord Server (https://discord.com/invite/Szjn2EEf7w).
Our team is excited and eager to deliver things as promised on the product roadmap and deliverables. In July, we covered the following topics:
- Light mode launched
- Homepage Markets Redesigned
- Liquidity fees earnings
- Ongoing improvements/bug fixes
🤝 dotmoovs Partnership
Polkamarkets’ partnership with dotmoovs for crypto mobile competitive markets to bring gamified prediction markets to their largest tournaments and leagues. This partnership will enable us to bring our users prediction markets from the biggest sports tournaments and leagues organized by dotmoovs. This partnership will also help us create a new Polkamarkets branded community within dotmoovs. — Read more
⚙️ Technology Updates
Our team has been focusing hard on product development and here’s a detailed list of our technology updates:
- Light mode: one of the most requested features from our community was the light mode option of our app. You can conveniently toggle between dark and light modes on the top right corner;
- Save favorite markets: We’ve added the possibility to save your preferred markets and access them on the new favorites section;
- Share markets on social media: share the markets you place predictions on Twitter with a simple click;
- Homepage markets redesigned: Markets now have labels so you don’t miss out on any opportunities! We also re-designed the outcomes on resolved markets for easier understanding of winning outcomes;
- Liquidity earnings: A 2% fee per transaction will be given to the liquidity providers of that given market. You can claim your earnings when the market is closed/you withdraw your liquidity and you can check your gains on your portfolio page.
👀 What’s coming in August?
We are building the future of prediction markets in a decentralized and interoperable environment leveraging the power of DeFi and Polkadot via Moonbeam Network. And, in the next few weeks, we’ll be releasing more tech updates and the much-awaited Moonbeam Network Mainnet.
Topics to be considered for the upcoming weeks and months include:
- Decentralized event resolution
- Market creation for $POLK holders
- Preparation for mainnet (Moonbeam Network / Polkadot)
Polkamarkets is an Autonomous Prediction Market Protocol built for multi-chain information exchange and trading where users take positions on outcomes of real-world events–in decentralized and interoperable EVMs.