Polyamory Today Submission Guidelines
What we’re looking for and how to contribute
Polyamory Today is a publication focused on what it’s like to be ethically non-monogamous in the 2020’s. Relationships exist on a spectrum, from monogamy to anarchy to polyamory, and we’re here to explore what it means to be polyamorous in today’s world, provide resources for polyamorous people and those interested in the potential this type of relationship can provide, and foster discussion about relationship success.
What We Publish
We publish articles that focus on polyamory, ethical non-monogamy, and open relationships. This includes personal stories about your polyamorous life, resources for polyamorous or poly-curious people, and pieces that foster discussion about polyamory and non-monogamy. Our goal is to publish pieces that provide the following:
- Opportunities to connect with people who have had similar experiences.
- Resources for people just starting out or seeking support.
- Hubs for discussion about what it is to be polyamorous.
- An opportunity from which readers can learn something new.
- Insight into how you discovered polyamory and lessons you’ve learned.
- Stories tagged in categories like polyamory, relationships, love, sexuality, sex, heart, and marriage.
We prefer articles that have some element of yourself in them, and incorporate ideas, lessons, and information from your life experiences. Generic listicles, how-to articles, or advice may not be accepted.
At this time, we will consider published pieces as well as unpublished drafts. When drafts are published, they appear at the top of the timeline in the “Latest” section of our homepage. Posts will appear in chronological order by the first date of publication on Medium.
- All submissions must comply with Medium’s Rules and Ad-Free Policy. Partner Program stories must also comply with Medium’sContent Guidelines and Curation Guidelines.
- Submissions must be non-fiction.
- All submissions must be written in clear, concise language. We prefer articles under 8 minutes read-time.
- We do not allow submissions whose sole intent is to sell or promote a book, blog, or product. Book reviews that help our community make informed decisions are acceptable, however ads are not. If you have a book, blog, or product you’d like to promote, a footer at the end of your post is acceptable.
- All submissions must be in English and free of grammar, spelling, or language issues.
- Submissions must have a clear title and subtitle, properly formatted and written in title case or as a sentence. Titles and subtitles written in all capital letters will be changed or rejected.
- All submissions must include a featured image right above or right below the title. This image, and any other images included, must be something you have the legal right to publish and must include a properly cited source as the image caption.
- All submitted articles are subject to editing for grammar, spelling, formatting, and minor language fixes. We will not heavily edit articles, but may change formatting for links, title sentences, and article titles/subtitles, or change paragraph and line breaks to increase readability. If you prefer to review edits before an article goes live, please let us know when you submit.
Write for Polyamory Today
If you are interested in joining us as a writer, send our editor, Rachael Hope, an email at email@example.com (make sure to add your Medium username) with a sample or two of your published work! Once you’ve been added as a writer, feel free to send your amazing drafts over to us or submit stories you’ve written in the past! Please make sure drafts are thoroughly proofread and well-edited.
We will do our best to review your submission within 24 business hours. I do have a full time day-job aside from writing, so sometimes it may take a bit longer, but I’ll make every effort to respond or post as soon as humanly possible. I also make an effort to only publish one piece per day, as I believe that gives everyone a chance to be featured on the Polyamory Today Facebook and Twitter feeds for a nice amount of time. If multiple submissions are received at once, I’ll schedule them out and email you to let you know when your piece will be live.