This post exists publicly to keep myself grounded and allow me to easily refer to it.
- Organic: We aim to grow organically, committing ourselves to a very long term (10+ years) effort and going the distance;
- Sustainable: We strongly believe in sustainable business models, where all stakeholders get what they want. Corollary: if a possible stakeholder can’t get what they want, do not let them become a stakeholder;
- Balance: We promote an environment where a good mix of engagement and downtime co-exists, allowing creativity to blossom;
- Distributed: We enable work to be remote by default;
- Relatable: We avoid referring to customers as “users”, as that creates a wall between us. Put real people at the centre of what we do, understanding that we all have our ups and downs;
- Pragmatic: We always consider whether the latest “gizmo” is the best solution, or if we would rather get the job done with a proven solution and go home;
- Usefulness: We get immense joy in delivering products that help people get on with their jobs, even if those products don’t get featured anywhere;
- Simplicity: We believe that Dieter Rams said it best when he shared that “Less, but better — because it concentrates on the essential aspects, and the products are not burdened with non-essentials. Back to purity, back to simplicity.”;
- Learn: We always keep learning, trying again, and moving forward even if slowly.