Analysing secondary and primary research
This example was part of the HESTA website relaunch project. The review reused existing insights for the website and helped the client understand that more research is necessary.
The client already had conducted several research activities and was able to provide relevant reports. For the project, we wanted to identify existing insights that could guide us through the replatform project. Our aim was to avoid questions via research that were already answered.
In the initial phase of the project, I analysed all available secondary research and conducted a UX expert review of the current website. The research gap analysis identified several areas that should be research to get a better understanding of the client’s project. Based on the client’s budget, the recommended additional options could then be planned.
- Analysis of secondary research
- UX expert review
- Definition of recommendations for the website relaunch
- Identification of research gaps that weren’t answered yet
- Call centre shadowing
- User interviews with customers and the client’s stakeholders
- Creation of user journeys that have to be wireframed