Empowering home buyers to search for properties with confidence
Calculating borrowing power most often is the first step when planning to buy a property. This personalised calculator on realestate.com.au builds confidence by delivering the right numbers.
Especially first home buyers have no good understanding of how borrowing power (= the amount a bank would lend) translates to properties they should look for. The goal for this tool was to deliver a clear indication of a realistic purchase price and how much money people would have left over at the end of the month.
We elevated the concept and delivered a personalised Buying Power calculator. After answering basic questions (that we also use to personalise) in three easy steps, we present users with the results overview. As the main feature, they can tweak the result and play around with the numbers, to get to an even more realistic outcome for their personal circumstances.
- Mid-fi wireframes to define scope and requirements
- Multiple remote and lab user tests to validate flows and usability
- Interactive and fully functional Axure prototype to facilitate testing
- Detailed visual and interaction design for responsive web
- Facilitation of 30/60/90 reviews with company stakeholders
- Development support throughout the delivery phase
- Ongoing optimisation and experimentation work