Reimagining how Australian renters apply for properties
This project delivered a fully integrated application process for rental properties within the realestate.com.au ecosystem.
REA Group bought the rental applications platform 1Form in 2014. Because of latent user experience (mobile-unfriendly, more than 120 questions) and security concerns, REA decided to reimagine 1Form from the ground up and to integrate it into the realestate.com.au site.
The number of questions was reduced dramatically (~ 25). People can apply for rental properties on realestate.com.au, thanks to their centralised rental profile that saves all answers and documents for later. All flows were designed mobile-first but also take into account that a large group of users still prefer a desktop experience when filling out forms.
- Low-fi and mid-fi wireframes to define scope and requirements
- Definition of all user flows
- Validation of flows and designs with multiple user tests
- Detailed visual and interaction design for responsive web (in Figma)
- Extension of REA design system components
- Facilitation of 30/60/90 reviews with company stakeholders
- Development support throughout the delivery phase