On today’s guide, we will explain to you how you can vote for Presentative Representants (P-Reps) in the ICON pre-voting period.
As most of you are aware, you can the voting period is open and Iconians has to vote for the P-Rep they want.
Let’s see how to do this! :)
First thing, you will have to do is to install the ICONex Chrome extension.
Make sure the ICONEX version is 126.96.36.199 by checking the lower right of the screen.
Normally you should have the right version but if the extension hasn’t been updated yet follow these steps:
- First, right-click on the ICON wallet app in the top right corner of your screen and select Manage Extensions
- Then, check the Developer mode on in the right top of your page.
- Finally, click Update on the left side of your screen
When this is done, you should be good to go and you will be able to start staking and voting for the Icon P-Rep you would like to see elected!
Note: You need to create a wallet on ICONex even if you already have an Icon Ledger on your device. If you already have a keystore file or private key, skip the creation process.
- Select “create wallet”
- Once done, select the voting tab.
- Select “My Status”
If you use a hot wallet, click on the drop-down menu to click your wallet and then after selecting your hot wallet, enter your password.
If you use a ledger, click connect to Ledger.
Make sure the ledger is already connected with the ICON app, updated and opened. The ICON app on your ledger device must be 1.0.4!
Choose your desired address with the ICX on it and click “Select”.
- Click the “Adjust” button
Adjust the slider to your desired amount. If you want to go “all in” you have to leave 3 ICX to unstake the locked tokens.
Select complete and confirm it in your ledger.
Now that you successfully allowed staking, you can start to vote for the ICON (ICX) P-Rep you would like to see elected. Don’t forget to vote for several it’s important for the network decentralization!
If you would like to know what criteria you should consider before selecting an Icon P-Rep, check this article.
- First, you need to select the P-Rep you would like to vote for. In this example, we will select POS Bakerz.
- Once added, scroll to the top and click POS Bakerz again. A slider will appear and you will be able to adjust the percentage
Once done simply click on vote and it should be done! If you linked your account with Ledger, you will also need to confirm your vote on your Ledger.
This is it! You have now voted for one or multiple Icon (ICX) P-Reps.
- Why do I need to reinstall an ICONex wallet when I have Ledger already connected?
This is a necessary step to be able to access the voting page, it may change in the future.
- Do I need to transfer my ICX from Ledger to a hot wallet?
Not necessarily, you can vote and stake while using it.
- Is it ok to lose the hot wallet?
No even by using Ledger, make sure to register your private key and/or Keystore file. You can never be too cautious!
- Is it possible to add more if I staked already?
Yup, you have to manually stake it and vote again.
- I get a time out error, what should I do?
- Try to update your ICON app in ledger manager
- Make sure the firmware version of the ledger is the latest one
- Use another browser
- Adjust the time and date settings of your computer. Go to settings, then date & time. Set it automatically.
- Restart your unit
- Use another USB cable
- How do I unstake it? What is this “X of the staked ICX amount of voted ICX cannot be unstaked”?
Remove a certain amount of vote power from your preferred P-rep. It will then automatically be available for unstaking in the adjust button. It will take approximately a wee to unlock your ICX tokens.
- Can I redelegate my votes?
Sure, you can do it anytime. There is no restriction.
- Why is there a need to leave at least 3 ICX while staking?
It is needed for you to unstake it at some point.
Get to know more about ICON
- POS Bakerz P-Rep Proposal
- ICON Website
- ICON Tracker
- The Iconist (dedicated media about ICON and its ecosystem)
- ICON Official Telegram Channel
- ICON Non-Official European Community Telegram
- POS Bakerz Medium on ICON
DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice. Staking and cryptocurrencies investment involves a high degree of risk and there is always the possibility of loss, including the loss of all staked digital assets. Additionally, delegators are at risk of slashing in case of security or liveness faults on some PoS protocols. We advise you to DYOR before choosing a validator.