You want to make an impact at your level, and join a contributor-based network of Blockchain Positivists? This may be for you, and needs people like you to grow further! We are now 30+ contributors and still expecting more to join.
Here are some of them in Berlin:
What is PositiveBlockchain?
PositiveBlockchain is the open-source database, media platform and community exploring the potential of blockchain technologies for social and environmental impact. Our contributor-based network aims to support the development of blockchain solutions for real-life applications that can positively impact people’s life and reach Sustainable Development Goals. Are people around you asking you more details about PB? Send them this article or these slides!
There is a lot of noise out there about cryptos and blockchain fud, hindering the initiatives of many that had already seen the potential of the technology to really impact the world by rethinking how we trust each other, how to design more inclusive public services, how to store and share information in a more transparent and secure way and how this can be done in the benefits of the people.
Therefore we have set up our missions to:
- Educate society about positive blockchain applications by providing educational content
- Help navigate the blockchain chaos by providing relevant insights and highlighting impactful solutions
- Help entrepreneurs and organizations increase their impact with blockchain by curating the Hub and offering tools or support
- Develop concrete solutions by conducting research projects consortiums or consulting missions
- Accelerate the ecosystem of positive blockchain by mobilizing communities stakeholders, funding through events and more!
How can we contribute at PositiveBockchain.io?
- Aggregate existing projects = the main database on PositiveBlockchain.io. It is a solid foundation and value on top of which we can build all the rest. The goal is to have project owners take a very active part in curating their own page on the website. We currently have around 850+ projects. There is no such thing out there except few limited or private databases. Projects are clustered by categories such as Energy, Agriculture & Food, Supply Chain & Trade, Health, Education, Financial inclusion, etc. quite aligned with the SDGs.
- Join one of the squads: Content & communication (PR, social media, articles, interviews, video clips); Engagement & Partnerships (contributors, communities, friends, project owners and also partners); Web; Data Quality; Events (own meetups or partner events); Contributors.
- Be a Category Lead: you specialize in this category to overview the list of projects in your field, collect useful resources, be involved in events/projects that relate to your category. Being category lead is a perfect transversal role if you have an area/industry of specialization or interest.
- Be an Account Lead: you just want to contribute at the smallest level and follow-up a bunch of projects/startups you like or know well already? That’s a perfect match! Simply make sure to engage with these projects, explore synergies and have them update regularly their data.
- Be a Project Manager for specific projects or partnership. We have run or continue running several projects: Social Impact Guidelines for Impact Blockchain projects, Startup Competition for Blockchain, GIZ/BMZ research projects, Web3 Summit & Coalitions4GOOD partnerships, etc.
Your benefits being part of it?
- Learn more about blockchain, use cases, and about working in an open-source community
- Connect with peers and blockchain entrepreneurs
- Be recognized and identified in the community
- Start you own project
- Make a positive impact
- Get rewarded when we grow bigger!
Apply here now: https://goo.gl/tFMHCJ