Community Update: December 2017
The team has been busy this quarter, we’re excited to share our progress updates and community calendar so you can see where we are in the world.
Dear POWR Community,
It’s been a busy time of year and we really appreciate your ongoing support and patience.
We’ve come a long way since the completion of our ICO in October, including:
• Trials with Origin Energy in Australia
• Partnering with Tech Mahindra in India on Microgrids as a Service (MaaS)
• Signing an agreement to bring peer-to-peer trading of renewable energy to Europe in 2019, alongside The Liechtenstein Institute for Strategic Development
• Beginning commercial operations in the White Gum Valley development in Fremantle, Western Australia
• Recognition from the Australian Government who awarded a grant to an $8 million project in the city of Fremantle, which will use the Power Ledger platform
Not to mention we’ve won and been named finalists for a number of awards, including:
• Western Australia’s ‘Highest Trending Company’ at the Techboard WA Awards
• Top 10 of the Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) companies to appear at CES 2018
• ‘Most Capital Raised — ICO Award’ presented by Wholesale Investor in Sydney, Australia
• Top three for the ‘Best Startup — Social Or Community Impact’ category At The 2017 Talent Unleashed Awards in the APAC region.
We have some exciting developments in the pipeline and while not all of it is ready to share yet, the support we’ve received from our community really keeps us focused on the important work in front of us.
While attending conferences and meetups are an important medium to bring us in touch with our community, we also intend to spend as much time as possible working on Power Ledger product trials and distribution.
In saying that, please don’t be offended if we can’t make it along to your event.
Tech Mahindra’s MI18 Conference
This week Vinod, our General Manager of Sales and Business Development, visited Hyderabad for Tech Mahindra’s Mission Innovation ’18 (MI18) conference.
At the conference, Vinod demonstrated the Power Ledger blockchain-enabled peer-to-peer energy trading platform. Vinod also shared some results from a pilot project at Pune Campus to invited customers and associates from across the globe.
Introducing Our New All-Stars!
The Power Ledger team is growing! We’re very excited to introduce to you the brilliant people who have joined the movement including software engineers, business analysts and a community and marketing manager.
The Pink Crypto: Ask Me Anything
Dave answered a lot of great questions including plans to expand to U.S. and Canada, whether P2P energy trading will even matter if everyone has solar panels on their roofs and updates on our app development and testing.
Come meet the Power Ledger team and hear from David Martin and Dr. Jemma Green, as well as speakers from Bitcar, Blockchain Australia, Digital X and FinTech Australia, with all proceeds going to charity.
We’re open to queries and scrutiny at any time so if there’s questions on who we are or what we’re doing, we’d love to hear them!