Senior Java Developer
Power Ledger is hiring!
The Power Ledger team share a belief that empowering individuals and communities to control the way in which they buy and sell their electricity will underpin the development of a power system that is resilient, low-cost, low-carbon and owned by the people of the world.
We’re seeking unique, talented and driven individuals who want to join our mission to re-invent the energy industry globally by creating low-cost, low-carbon distributed energy markets that put the interests of consumers first.
Who are we looking for?
We’ve already built momentum and have proven the Power Ledger platform can work for homeowners and businesses. Now we’re looking for a Senior Java Developer, who is highly energetic, and outcome focused. You’ll be a creative agent of change and play a key role in the success of our business.
As a Developer at Power Ledger, you will:
- Work within a close team implementing cutting-edge and reliable systems
- Write program code to meet platform requirements accordingly to client expectations and quality accredited standards and practice.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement best practice and satisfy product and service requirements
- Inspire innovative solutions to challenging problems through systematic research, analysis, development and testing of applications.
- Document solutions accordingly.
- Comfortable with agile software development methodologies: Scrum, unit testing, code reviews, and more.
Required education and experience
- > 5 years experience as a Java Developer
- Exceptional programming skills in Java
- Experience with SQL
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Web Services technologies experience i.e. REST.
- GitLab or similar
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with blockchain systems or Solidity
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience working with Cloud environments and technologies (GCP preferred)
- Experience developing Spring Boot services
Desired soft skills
- You are a quick learner and enjoy researching new tricks and tools
- You are eager to contribute to a team and help others where you can
- You are willing and open to constructive criticism of your work and can provide it to others
- You have an open mind and are willing to explore approachs suggested by other team members
- You can explain how functionality has been implemented to Product Managers or other internal stakeholders
At Power Ledger, we value your expertise and experience. We offer competitive salaries (negotiated based on skills and experience).
More importantly, Power Ledger offers you a unique opportunity to join the core team in Perth, Western Australia. You will work alongside a diverse group of talented and passionate individuals and be given the chance to develop both personally and professionally.
We want to hear from you!
If you have the experience, drive and passion to join our mission — send us some information about yourself including:
Detailed CV and/or Linkedin Profile
Some sample code — eg. your Github link
Please forward your application and any questions/queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org