The Growth Digest
Taking your personal growth journey to the next level with the best stories from E.B. Johnson.
These are the best and most popular stories from E.B. Johnson on Practical Growth(and beyond) this week. Discover how you can safeguard your wellbeing and build better relationships. All while manifesting a life that is authentically your own.
Recovering from a Critical Upbringing
Critiquing a child one too many times is much like criticizing an adult one too many times. It can end in the child responding in an angry and violent pushback that is destructive to others and even themselves. Children have the same need to reclaim their compromised pride, respect and dignity as adults. So when those things are taken from them, they collapse just like adults do…
Pay Attention to These Gaslighting Phrases
When we confront abusers and users in this life (as we inevitably will) it’s important that we see them for what they are quickly. That’s not always easy to do, especially when it’s someone we love, and especially when they use covert tactics against us. Gaslighting is one such tactic which can seriously harm our sense of self and our happiness. Spotting it isn’t always easy, though, and accepting it can be even more challenging…
A Better Way to Deal with Disrespect
As human beings, we’re all entitled to a common level of dignity and respect. Gaining this respect, however, takes integrity and it takes knowing how to honor both yourself and others. When someone disrespects us, it can be a hard pill to swallow, but learning to overcome that disrespect is possible with a little understanding, compassion and the understanding that not everything is as simple as it seems.
A Few More of Your Favorites
- Have you found yourself entertaining the idea of cheating? Maybe someone new has entered your life and they’ve become a tempting option. Perhaps you’re just tired of not getting what you need at home. Either way, it’s important to be honest about the thoughts that you’re having. They cold lead to some major revelations.
- Being abused by a narcissist is no small thing. It completely changes your personality and the way you see yourself (and your reality). Don’t allow someone else to destroy you. Take a stand and protect your wellbeing and your love.
- You’ll never get anywhere in this life if you can’t stick up for yourself and your needs. You’ve got to make sure you’re setting boundaries and letting the world know what you expect from it. This is how to get started re-building that backbone you’ve lost along the way.
New eBook Available Now
Looking to get deeper into the patterns that are holding you back in life and in love? My new eBook — ‘Chasing Pain’ — helps you get up-close-and-personal with your toxic relationship patterns. You have to confront what’s going wrong before you can put it right, and that’s what this book seeks to help you do. Confront your patterns so you can address them from the inside out.
The honesty you know you need.
There’s no way around it. While the world does a lot of damage to us, we’re ultimately the ones who get end up getting in the way of the smallest of improvements we can make. We avoid real self-honesty because it hurts. Being honest forces us to admit that we have to rethink the way we see ourselves and the world around us.
…When you rely on someone entirely for your money or your sense of security, you end up trapped and beholden to the choices they make. You can’t be happy that way. Personal autonomy is key in becoming who we want to be and living the lives we want to lead…
Waitlist is now open for JANUARY-FEBRUARY
WOW! The response I’ve received for my coaching program has been OVERWHELMING. And it’s only getting crazier now that the new year is approaching. This program focuses on self-esteem, emotional awareness, and modeling new behavioral patterns that work. Put this all together, and you can repair the bonds of your relationships, or form entirely new ones that better fit your needs.
Waitlist applications are OPEN NOW. But they won’t be for long. This is the last round of applications for my January / February program. This isn’t for people who aren’t ready to give and receive radical honesty. It’s not for those who aren’t ready to love themselves, or look at their lives in an entirely different way.
This program is only for people who are ready to proactively change the way they are living and relating to others.
In my program you will:
- Identify patterns adopted in childhood
- Work through complex family relationships
- Re-model your self-esteem
- Establish new behaviors and reactionary patterns
- Create an emotional regulation routine
Don’t wait. Applications are coming in fast and spots won’t last forever. Are you actually ready to make your life better than it was? Are you ready to find the love you deserve? Are you ready to be a better partner? There’s only a few months left in 2021. Make the most of it. This is the moment. Apply now.