Contribute To Practicing Politics
‘How’ and ‘why’ you should contribute to this publication!
- What Practicing Politics is — a publication that talks about how we engage in politics at all levels, as well as solutions for how to do so more effectively.
- What content we accept — anything nonpartisan that relates to political engagement and political culture.
- How to contribute — email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with a small bio and article draft, you can then be added as a writer and submit directly to the publication.
What is Practicing Politics?
If the last year has shown us anything, it’s that we need to take a long, hard look at the way we practice our politics. The adversarial, aggresive, winner-takes-all nature of our current political culture not only creates division and polarization, but allows the many legitimate issues we face as a society to go unaddressed.
But how do we change this?
As with any other issue, the solution it involves a) understanding the problem, b) exploring potentialy solutions, and c) finding ways to put them into action.
That is the purpose of Practicing Politics — to form a communinty of people interested in finding new ways to engage in politics.
What Content We Accept
This publication is nonpartisan. To that end, it’s fine for you to possess your own political beliefs and affiliations — in fact, I’d be surprised if you didn’t! However, these should not be the sole focus of your articles. We are instead focusing on the nature of our political cutlure(s) overall, it’s strengths and weaknessess, and ways to address them.
Articles in this publication can touch on themes like:
- Political culture
- Government reform
- Conflict resolution
- and more…
I would encourage anyone interesting in contributing to read a couple of our articles to get a sense of the content we are interested in.
How To Contribute
Very simple, email myself at email@example.com with the following:
- In the subject line put — RE: Practicing Politics Contribution
- In the email itself, write out a small bio of who you are, a link to your profile, and a first draft (ideally in the form of a Medium draft link).
Other than that, feel free to direct any other questions you may have to this email as well. Look forward to hearing from you!