The 1 Must-Have for Hiring Your First Assistant
FIND OUT IF YOU ARE READY TO BRING ON YOUR FIRST ASSISTANT
Hiring an assistant…
Making a transition from a superhero agent that does everything for your clients to a team setup with an assistant, can be scary and full of uncertainty. The good news is you are thinking about adding an assistant to help you with the administrative side of your work. By exploring the idea, it is clear you want to grow your business. With 80%+ of new agents out of the industry within 5 years, you see that real estate is a business, your business. And to grow your business, you need to invest in it for longevity. Top agents and teams, well they get that. They know how to hire their first assistant, how to train them, and put systems in place to alleviate some of the workload.
I’m going to share with you something incredibly important about hiring your first assistant, and well, you may not like it. But, by the time you finish reading this article, you’ll see why I gave you the dirty little secret up front. Meaning, I’m about to make you uncomfortable because growth happens outside of your comfort zone. Now, if you’ve been doing this for a while (I’m talking to you, the agents that have been doing this for 15 years) or maybe you are relatively new, it’s not too late or too early get this one thing right.
Ok, here is the one must have to hire an assistant:
“When making the step to hire your first assistant you need to really, really consider a mindset shift.”
Many real estate agents, and we know this because we work with some of the top agents in the country, tell themselves the wrong stories. The wrong stories keep them stuck where they are. Or, they tell themselves the wrong stories because they just haven’t been exposed to a different way of thinking. Now is the chance for you to self reflect on the stories you tell yourself, because times are changing and you need to adapt with it.
We love our clients, and they love us…that is why we are bringing some of their bloopers to you. These are some of the common things our clients tell us, that they’ve been telling themselves for years. Do any of these sound familiar?
- I don’t think anyone can do it as well as I can.
- My clients pay for me and my expertise, they don’t want an assistant.
- If I have a slow month, I don’t want to have idle overhead or worse, let someone go.
- I can’t afford someone.
- What if I hire the wrong person and they mess something up?
Be honest, did any of those sounds familiar? If they didn’t, I want you to stop and self reflect a little more, maybe in a quiet place this time. I know, this isn’t exactly what you were thinking this article was going to be about right? I told you I was going to make you uncomfortable. Stop getting in your own way.
“Before you hire your first assistant, step into the right mindset.”
Consider how telling yourself these stories could impact your business, and your well-being.
- I can learn to trust and delegate, because without that…I’ll always be the assistant.
- When I go to a doctor’s office, I pay to see the doctor and don’t expect the doctor to check me in and out. I interact with the office staff. The office staff make the ship run, so the doctor can focus on medicine.
- Hiring the right assistant will allow me to focus on more revenue generating activities. And, I could use someone like PrecloseTC where I only pay when the transaction closes.
- I can’t afford NOT to hire someone to help me. I’m spending 10+ hours per transaction that I could be spending generating new business and working with more amazing clients.
- I need to hire someone experienced, affordable, that can provide me with the support I need on transactions.
Start training your mind in a different way. Tell yourself a different story. Shifting your mindset is the first step to hiring your first assistant.
If you really want to take the next step in hiring your first assistant, sign up at www.PrecloseTC.com to learn more.