Pretzel Weekly Update #23 — The “Premium is Live!” Edition
It’s “the” Sunday we’ve awaiting for some time now: Pretzel now has a Premium subscription option!
Progress this Week
The latest build of Pretzel at the time of this post is: v. 0.0.15 (185)
This means that if you haven’t refreshed your web player or restarted your desktop player in a while it may not work. A quick refresh/restart will get you up to date with the latest version.
The Isaac Tracker Panel
- We spent this week verifying the integrity of the information realted to over 500 items, so the “preview” description that appears when you hover over an item is accurate.
- We’re aware of a YouTube Content ID issue for the Pixel Terror track “Final Boss”. A child from the UK is falsely claiming the track as their own (no kidding), and we’re working with Pixel Terror to issue DMCA takedowns, which will resolve the claims. In the meantime, Pixel Terror’s tracks have been removed from the YouTube Safe list.
- As always — If you’re an artist who wants to be included in the Pretzel Catalog, let us know!
- We’ve launched Premium! You can now directly support the awesome artists on the Pretzel Platform. Premium is available in annual, quarterly or monthly installments.
- This also means that account dashboards, checkout screens and vanity URLs are now live. You’re now able to manage your account on the Pretzel Rocks website.
- Premium members now have the ability to manage the audio quality of their music through the player settings.
So what’s on for this week?
This week is about working on improving the user experience of the mobile app (which will only be available to premium users) as well as getting the process in place to add premium members as beta app testers.
Currently we already have a super buggy, but “working” version of mobile. However, there are stability issues, missing design elements, etc. — It’s a far cry from what we envision even as a “potato” mobile player. So we’re focused on getting the mobile app stable this week.
Nate and Mike are also taking a week to refactor our code and focus on fixing bugs. For example some Mixer users cannot login, if they login using their Microsoft account.
We’re working on adding even more stations. New stations will go live once we have them designed. New stations currently are:
- Ambient (super chill music)
- EDM (We’ve started breaking genre’s apart, the main Pretzel station will still play from EVERYTHING from all genres)
- Rock (We’ve started work on signing rock music and need a place for it)
- Hip Hop (We met with a large number of Hip Hop / Rap artists this past week, we’re excited to start on-boarding them)
- Mixed (Album Mixes, Continuous Mixes, podcasts, etc.)
- Holiday (We’re starting to also work on seasonal / holiday stations)
McKay has a slate of meetings with R&B artists this week, and Taffy put out another volley of cold emails to the creators of popular video game OSTs.