PrimeDAO is launching $D2D, its network token to curate, build and control a suit of DAO products and services.
Here’s the TL;DR
- PrimeDAO is a collective focused on researching and building next-generation coordination tools for decentralized organizations.
- Prime Launch, our DAO-native Launchpad allowing for Seed & LBP launches, goes live on December 13th.
- $D2D Liquidity to be bootstrapped via a Prime Liquid Launch (LBP) from December 14th — December 17th.
- $PRIME holders and users will be migrated and receive $D2D automatically.
More information about Prime and $D2D can be found below. Details about the $D2D Liquid Launch will be published later this week!
DAOs as networks of networks
DAOs are essentially network organizations that allow for organic coordination. These networks are all controlled by Governance networks that direct resources towards shared goals. In the last two years alone, hundreds of DAOs have emerged to solve collective challenges, with over $18B in assets under management.
DAOs are highly interconnected and interdependent, yet most DAOs currently operate as separate islands, due to a lack of tooling, services, and a shared vision.
It follows from this that reducing the costs of interacting with a network of networks, or cryptonetwork, should be the first step to achieving this goal of a more connected DAO ecosystem. DAO to DAO relations (D2D) seeks to bridge that gap by pursuing a polycentric framework for network governance, mutual skin in the game, and communication between these nascent digital organizations.
PrimeDAO is a collective focused on researching and building next-generation coordination tools for decentralized organizations. We embody Prime’s integrity ethos, a layout that asserts our commitment to enabling DAO2DAO innovations and building a hospitable environment for DeFi mass adoption.
PrimeDAO enables cooperation on a greater scale than previously possible with the DAO tooling suite it is bringing to the Web3 ecosystem. We are evolving into a D2D builders hub that offers collaboration-as-a-service:
- Prime Launch (Launch on Dec 13th): A decentralized and curated token offering platform powered by Balancer V 2.0 enabling fair and user-friendly token launches. Projects can host a whitelisted seed sale to collect contributions at a fixed price or conduct a liquid Launch without needing to write code.
- Prime Deals (In development — launch in Q1: A platform for DAO to DAO interactions, where DAOs can propose, negotiate, and execute deals together. It is built on top of a modularised open-source framework of smart contracts with various interfaces that can easily be extended and adapted to any use case. The first supported interaction will be token swaps, followed by joint ventures, co-liquidity pooling, and co-farming facilitated by PrimeDAO’s agnostic, trustless, and flexible D2D contracts.
- Prime Rating (Live): A permissionless framework for quantifying DeFi protocol risk and quality and a research hub for DAO enthusiasts.
- Prime Pools (Beta Close-Launch in Q1): An interface that facilitates the creation and management of DAO-governed liquidity pools enabling the bridging of liquidity between allied ecosystems and the creation of index pools.
- Proposal Inverter (In Development): A new funding receiver primitive that will allow DAOs to pool resources and co-fund open research/crowdfunded initiatives through semi-automated payment flows.
Building DAO products and ventures
By being a well-resourced network, Prime can iterate on DAO product ideas fast and develop them inside the network until a sense of product-market-fit has been achieved. Once a product finds market-fit, the Prime network (brand, comms, legal, funds) and tools (launch, pools, deals) can be used to scale and accelerate a product or service. This greatly improves the DAO product-life cycle by lowering early risks and reducing scaling costs.
Once launched, a product can be governed and owned by Prime in collaboration with other DAOs, creating pathways for Prime products to grow beyond the potential of the internal Prime network alone. As products gain a more diverse set of stakeholders, they can spin it to become separate ventures with their DAO while maintaining a relationship with PrimeDAO.
Impact on current PrimeDAO stakeholders
The launch of $D2D is the next step in Prime’s evolution. This transition was initiated in Q2 with creating the new Prime brand and the strategic alignment around the main Prime products and partners.
Individuals who have contributed to PrimeDAO during its 18 months of incubation will be rewarded accordingly, as discussed in Prime Tokenomics: V2 Migration and Retrospective Rewards! Up to 5% of the $D2D tokens will be rewarded to current $PRIME holders and early users.
- Current PRIME token holders will receive 1 $D2D for each $Prime that they hold.
- Early users of Prime products will receive some additional $D2D tokens.
- Both groups will be vested for 6 months, with a 3-month cliff.
Becoming a headless brand that serves DAOs
Prime’s mission is to turn DeFi into a cooperative ecosystem. While we are building these DAO2DAO products and services, we are paving the way for these interactions by dogfooding PrimeDAO itself into a headless brand — an open value network that builds effective organizational coordination tools to secure the collective future of DAOs all over the world.
We want to establish PrimeDAO as a hub for DAOs to come together and co-build DAO tooling and services. We have seeded this vision in our culture by collaborating with DAOs across multiple phases of researching, designing, and developing our products. Follow the ongoing partnership discussion with GitcoinDAO, OlympusDAO, and BalancerDAO in their or Prime’s forum!
We’ve never been more confident that DAO2DAO interactions will drive the future of crypto networks. Prime Launch will go live in the coming days, with the Liquid Launch of Prime ($D2D) following soon.
It has never been a more exciting point to get involved in Prime and reshape DAO coordination.
If you are committed to enabling DAO 2 DAO innovation and are interested in collaborating with or getting involved in Prime, jump into our Discord now, and let’s get connected!