[PC Guide] Using Window Capture Source in PRISM
This is Editor X with the global live streaming app, PRISM Live Studio.
Many instructors use our PRISM to conduct online classes,
so today I want to tell you about how to use Window Capture source to capture PPT and Chrome in PRISM v1.9.1.
★ Capture PPT with Window Capture source(v1.9.1)
- First, click the Source Plus button (+) to select the Window Capture > Capture Full Window.
2. After adding PPT source, the screen may be exposed as white.
3. Then you can select ‘View’> ‘View for Reading’ in PPT, and the PPT will be exposed normally.
★ Capture Chrome with Window Capture source(v1.9.1)
After adding the window capture source, maybe you will find that Chrome page cannot be found or the screen is not exposed as below.
Here is the Resolution:
- Select ‘Settings’ by selecting the ‘ view more ‘ button at the top right of the Chrome browser.
2. Under Advanced Settings, select System Settings.
3. Turn ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to OFF.
And then you will see the Chrome page exposed normally in your Windows Capture source.
★ How to use Windows source in v2.1.0
In v2.1.0 version, you can directly capture PPT or Chrome pages using window source.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Click the Source Plus button (+) to select the window.
2. Select the window you want to capture from the window drop-down menu.
3. Select the capture method.
4. Click the OK button.
The following three methods are supported when selecting the capture method:
2. BitBit (Window7 or higher)
3. Windows Graphics Capture (Windows 10 or higher)
If you choose the first method, we will automatically select the window capture method according to the PC specifications.
We recommend this method as it is the most convenient.
If the windows system version is 1903 or lower, you need to capture it in the second method.
However, this method cannot capture frequently used UWP windows, for example MS Office, Chrome, etc.
To capture MS Office or Chrome windows, you can select the third method.
However, if you select it, you need to update the Windows version to 1903 or higher.
*How to check the Windows version:
You can check it in Start> Settings> System> Information> Windows specification.
*How to update Windows version:
You can update from Start> Settings> Update & security> Windows Update.
★ Drawing in your screen while broadcasting
If you want to draw on the transmission screen during online lecture, how can you proceed?
Windows Ink, a tool provided for Windows, can be used for drawing during broadcasting.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and check the ‘Show Windows Ink workspace button’ option.
2. Show the ‘Windows Ink’ workspace on the right side of the taskbar.
3. Add a display capture source (monitor source) from PRISM.
4. When drawing is needed, click on the ‘Windows Ink’ icon and select ‘Full Screen Capture’.
5. Drawing in the screen capture and it can be sent out from PRISM.
So far, we have learned how to use window capture source in PRISM.
I hope it was helpful.
Thank you :)
* contact us : email@example.com