Date: 15 March
(This was a panel-style event so the format was 1 question + multiple answers from the panelists)
Speakers from Kenshoo (marketing technology), Amplitude (web and mobile analytics), Workflow, Pocket (save stories), Iterable (growth marketing platform), 8Tracks (make & discover music playlists), Vango Art (find original art)
Q: What is their favorite feature that they’ve recently pushed out?
- Switched from newsletter to personalized recommendations
- One click button to add to Pocket on Firefox
- Eaze - find out who is delivering medical marijuana near you
- Push notifications when an upload or sale happens from an artist you follow (FOMO- Vango)
Q: What is the difference between desktop & mobile for your web traffic?
Panelists agreed: 50/50 split between desktop & mobile
Q: What is a tip you’d advise for push notifications?
We had a lot of things we wanted to say but didn’t pay attention to WHEN to say them to our users
Q: What is a tip you’d advise for A/B Testing?
- Tools they like: Mixpanel, Sixpack, also sendwithus (for email testing)
- Lots of nonintuitive changes made a difference!
- It’s very hard to prioritize A/B testing because you have such a long list of features you want to push out, but you SHOULD be doing it
- Hardest thing is to determine what is worth testing
Q: What is a tip you’d advise for managing/dealing with User reviews for apps?
Sometimes you have to accept 1 & 2 star ratings when you make legal updates to your app