This is the final issue of Product Designer Daily (PDD). :-(
It was a fun side project while it lasted. Hopefully it was helpful to some of you. Thanks so much for following along!
PDD had a healthy launch, mainly from ProductHunt, but then the growth of the list plateaued:
I’ve learned a ton in the process of launching PDD. For me, it was a milestone project. Never before had I contributed to a side project so consistently—for 100 days in a row.
Wherever you happen to be in your product designer journey, I wish you the very best. If you want to reach out, I’d love to hear from you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Now on to the final issue…
- Designing a font from scratch and submitting it to Google Fonts in 24 hours.
- Hard first or easy first? Product designers have HFEL (hard first easy later) or EFHL (easy first hard later).
- Micron.JS A microInteraction library built with CSS Animations and JS.
- Illustrating Balanced and Inclusive Teams Sara VanSlyke, and Trace Byrd share their process from Atlassian.
- IBM’s CSS Gridish Automatically build your grid design’s CSS Grid code, CSS Flexbox fallback code, Sketch artboards, and Chrome extensions
- Laying the foundations for system design Helping designers and engineers spend less time debating, or needlessly creating the same things over-and-over.
- Slack — San Francisco, CA Senior Product Designer
- Google — Sunnyvale, CA Global Design, Architectural Design Lead
- Epic Games — Cary, NC Senior Product Designer
- SquareSpace — NYC Product Designer
- InstaCart — San Francisco, CA Product Designer
- Harvest — NYC Product Designer
- Thumbtack — San Francisco, CA Product Designer
- Envoy — Orange County, CA Product Designer
- Postmates — San Francisco, CA Product Designer
- BetterUp — San Francisco, CA Product Designer
- Poll Everywhere — San Francisco Product Designer