Episode 26: Owning Your Own Path with Chris Brogan
Highlights of This Episode:
- How Chris got started as an entrepreneur
- Why it took him 10 years to become an “overnight success”
- Why the label “Internet marketer” doesn’t quite fit him — and how he gets around it
- Why he thinks social media is broken
- What mission underlies everything he’s done in business for the past decade
- How Chris decides whether to go with traditional publishing or self-publishing for each of his various books
- What his biggest mistake was during the early years of his business
- Why Chris thinks that going broke a bunch of times is actually a sign that you’re doing things right
- Why owning a business is really about figuring out where you belong
- Which events or projects have produced “spark” moments, when he knew he was on the right track
- What Chris’s biggest challenge is now
“The biggest measure of success is being able to say no to what you don’t think you should do.” –Chris Brogan
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Owner Media Group
- Tony Robbins
- Frank Kern
- Jay Baer, Youtility
- Trust Agents
- James Altucher and Claudia Altucher
- New Marketing Labs
- Brian Clark, Copyblogger Media
- Joel Comm
- World Domination Summit
- Chris Guillebeau
- Pioneer Nation
- Online Course Maker
- Jeff Walker, Product Launch Formula
- David Siteman Garland
- Thinkific, Greg Smith
About Chris Brogan:
Chris Brogan is the world’s leading authority on owning the game you most want to win. Combining a mix of professional leadership development and business strategy, Chris works with professionals like you to own your choices, own your life, and own your future. He is CEO of Owner Media Group, a highly sought after professional speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of eight books and counting, including The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth and Just Start Here.
Chris has spoken for or consulted with the biggest brands you know, including Disney, Coke, Google, GM, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker, Titleist, Scotts, Humana Health, Cisco, Sony USA, and many more. He’s appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, interviewed Richard Branson for a cover story for Success magazine, and once even presented to a princess. People like Paulo Coelho, Harvey Mackay, and Steven Pressfield enjoy sharing their projects and best ideas with Chris, because they know he’ll share them with you. Tony Robbins had Chris on his Internet Money Masters series. Forbes listed Chris as one of the Must-Follow Marketing Minds of 2014, and listed his website as one of the 100 best websites for entrepreneurs.
Most important, Chris provides education and tools to help you make your life and your business thrive. He is dedicated to helping you grow your capabilities and connections and to getting you to the next level of ownership, no matter where you are in the process right now. Chris also offers limited personal coaching and limited consulting to businesses.
Chris lives in northern Massachusetts. His better half is Jacqueline Carly. He has two children and a loving pair of parents as well.
Thanks for Listening!
Subscribe to Productive Flourishing on iTunes to get all the latest episodes delivered straight to your preferred mobile device. This is the perfect option for listening to the show in the car, on the subway, or while you’re working out. Plus, you won’t have to fuss with figuring out how you’re going to listen.
Originally published at www.productiveflourishing.com.