10 Career Advice Books All Successful People Read
Originally published at lmt-lss.com on January 30, 2016.
Books that motivate you to be successful.
Success doesn’t come easy. You need to put in many sleepless nights and dedication to be where you want to be. Although hard work leads to success, you can’t be successful unless your efforts are targeted in the right direction.
Books being our best friends act as the perfect mentor, guiding us to success. They don’t give us a shortcut, but they sure give us a path that ensures success. Here are ten career advice books all successful people read:
1. Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement
Writer: Tony Robbins
A self-help guide by writer and motivational speaker Tony Robbins, this book is about using your mind right to achieve goals and success.
2. Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting it Wrong
Editor: Jessica Basal
This book lists all the obstacles faced by twenty-five influential women on their path to success and what they learned out of each.
3. The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career For a Lifetime Of Satisfaction and Success
Writer: Nicholas Lore
This classic bestseller is based on breakthrough techniques developed by Rockport Institute to help people in their journey of choosing an entirely new career.
4. How to Win Friends and Influence People
Writer: Dale Carnegie
It’s one of the first best-selling self-help books ever published. It was first published in 1936 and continues to inspire people even now.
5. Moving the Needle: Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business and Life
Writer: Joe Sweeney
This book is all about ways to achieve your personal and professional goals. It talks about breaking the game plan and using unconventional ways to become successful.
6. Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales From The World of Wall Street
Writer: John Brooks
This book is about twelve timeless classic stories that depict the financial contrast in America; from the ordinary streets to Wall Street.
7. Small Move, Big Change: Using Microresolutions to Transform Your Life Permanently
Writer: Caroline L. Arnold
This book is about small behavioral changes leading to some major developments in our personal and professional life.
8. Now What? Revised Edition: 90 Days to a New Life Direction
Writer: Laura Berman Fortgang
It is based on a clear 90 day program to give your life a new direction, even if you’re restarting from a dead end.
9. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Writer: Stephen Covey
This book is based on seven habits that all effective people use to become successful. These are the secrets that make them highly effective.
10. Think and Grow Rich
Writer: Napoleon Hill
It’s a personal development and self-improvement book that talks about ways of achieving much more than merely monetary wealth.