6 Quick Tips To Help You Stay Fit During The Winter
Originally published at lmt-lss.com on January 4, 2016.
Stay fighting fit during the harsher months of the year.
Even though you’re more than happy to welcome the winter season — it’s the season of gifts after all, you might be thinking about ways to stay fit this season. The winter can have an effect on you that you’d rather avoid.
So, here are some quick and simple tips to build your defenses:
1. Eat seasonal foods. Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables that are available during the winters to get the best flavor and nutritional value.
2. Take in Vitamin D regularly. During the winter, you may not get enough sunlight, and that can cause vitamin D deficiency. Make sure you’re getting enough Vitamin D through the right foods and supplements.
3. Keep joint pains away. Joint pains can be a common thing during the colder months. To avoid joint pains, take a daily dose of ginger juice.
4. Stay dry and warm as much as you can. To reduce the risk of catching a cold during the winter, ensure that your hands and feet are dry and warm.
5. Stay active with the help of activities. Whether it’s walking, running, hiking, or any other form of exercise, you should stay active and keep yourself warm and fit throughout the day.
6. Dissolve all the stress. Try to keep yourself free from stress during the winters — which has a lot of holidays to help you unwind, and get plenty of sleep and take part in enriching activities that lighten you up.