The Commandments of Good Code according to Zach™
- Treat your code the way you want other’s code to treat you
- All (ok most) programming languages are simultaneously good and bad
- Good code is easily read and understood, in part and in whole
- Good code has a well thought out layout & architecture to make managing state obvious
- Good code doesn’t reinvent the wheel, it stands on the shoulders of giants
- Don’t cross the streams!
Zach Goldberg goes on to explain each Commandment in more detail on his blog. Be sure to read his reasoning and see which Commandments you are breaking.
Originally published at tinyletter.com.