ScandiPWA Updates: June 19 (Issue #53)
New release: Plugin improvements, Dependency Installer, Bugfixes in ScandiPWA 3.0.0-beta.4
A new release is out! We have updated the ScandiPWA 3rd version, introducing an extensive list of changes
- Simplify configuration syntax: optional complex structure with position and implementation.
- Add API for direct interaction with source class (can be used to replace the source one with your custom one or wrap the source one into a HOC of your choice)
- Allow plugging into reducers and creating new ones.
- Allow changing reducers’ initial state
- Introduce extensions’ dependency installer
- Restructure config folder
- Cut stripe payment method out (convert it into an extension)
- Fix context loss in ‘get’ handler
- Fix service worker builder unable to find
- Explicitly disable the fallback plugin in core mode
- Fix extension filtering condition for SW development
- Fix extensions not working properly with things that are instantiated on export (like queries, utils, and dispatchers)
- Fix parent theme and make it optional in scandipwa.json
- Fix store import from media breaking the application when extensions are applied to something related
Learn more and grab the code on ScandiPWA Github page.
Simplify configuration syntax: optional complex structure with position and implementation. Add API for direct…
Free eBook: Magento 1–2/PWA Migration. A Comprehensive Guide.
Upgrade of a Magento 1 website doesn’t have to be just a chore pressed by M1 EOL. Businesses across the Internet use this opportunity to step up their game and take their eCom stores to the next level.
Magento 2 is a major development, compared to its predecessor. One of its breakthrough features is the out-of-the-box compatibility with PWA — a cool new tech taking eCommerce by storm.
FREE EBOOK: "Magento 1-2/PWA Migration"
We are part of Scandiweb - a digital agency developing eCommerce websites since 2003. To help our clients reach their…
This book aims to inform merchants about migration from M1 to M2 with integrated PWA. To do so it outlines the features and the technology stack behind the M2/PWA combo, as well as goes through essential nuances of the migration process.
What you will find in this book:
- A thorough explanation of PWA, covering most notable features and the underlying tech
- Why you should consider taking a combined approach to migration
- How to effectively plan a migration
- How to find the right team
- Benefits both M2 and PWA have to offer to your eCom team, business, and customers
- A migration roadmap and TWO extensive actionable checklists
Download a free eBook now!
We hope you enjoyed the latest ScandiPWA updates. Follow us on Twitter or join the first Magento PWA community in our Slack channel where you can stay up-to-date with our work, explore the latest technical progress, ask questions, and meet other enthusiasts!
ScandiPWA is the first open-source PWA theme for Magento