Hello Project PAI Community. Here are the latest Updates!
Proof of Useful Work (PoUW)
- Implemented proof of concept of the distributed key exchange protocol
- Worked on automatically generated filler tasks for idle periods in the system
- Migrated current proof of concept for PoUW from Python 2 to Python 3
Proof of Work/Proof of Stake (PoW/PoS) Hybrid Mining
- Added implementation for “gettickets” RPC command
- Added functional tests to cover scenarios using “gettickets” command
PAI Coin Mining & Staking Pool
- Added Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translations to PAI Miner
- Improved PAI Miner UI layout for non-Latin characters
- Added phone verification to the PAI Miner’s authentication workflow
- Worked on ability to cancel a stake
- Worked on ability to retrieve mining payout history
PAI Up Web Wallet
- Added change phone number option during SMS verification
- Updated full name validation on sign up form
- Worked on staked balance creation and transfer flow
- Worked on payout transfer flow
- UI improvements
The Next Big Thing in E-commerce? Shopping with PAI
Technology has transformed many areas of our everyday life in the last decade. One of the industries where rapid change is most evident is retail. In less than a generation, we’ve gone from a society that does most of our shopping in person to one that is very used to purchasing everything from a smartphone app.
The changes in our shopping habits also mean that retailers are changing the way they advertise and promote their products. Social media influencers and video reviews are more important than ever, and this year we are seeing the rise of avatar influencers — digital humans completely created by companies to represent their brand and products. PAI technology is perfect for this use case — minimizing the resources needed to create these digital influencers and automatically generating interactive content that can attract consumers 24/7.
Recently, ObEN collaborated with TMall — one of China’s largest e-commerce live streaming platforms, to explore the use of PAI in next-gen retail. The team created the PAI of Mango TV Channel host Li Rui and used him to introduce products and interact with shoppers during a livestreamed program. Li Rui’s PAI even played short quiz games where shoppers who answered questions correctly were rewarded with coupons and prizes. So forget buying from a retailer’s website — this is the next generation of the shopping experience — shopping as entertainment!
Watch a clip of the livestream below:
Have a great Fourth of July! See you in the next issue of PAI Updates!
Sign up for the newsletter: https://projectpai.com/#sign
Join the Project PAI community for the latest news and updates.
PAI Forum: https://www.paiforum.com/
© 2019 Project PAI Foundation