ProjectWT
Published in

ProjectWT

UI journey of .NET tutor-10-Certified in Responsive Web Design by freeCodeCamp

alright then. source

I have acknowledged many times that I am, at best, a below average developer. As I type this, I have retired from active developer roles. Right now, focusing only on tutoring. Still, I started this UI journey some 9 months ago.

The fruits of that long journey are finally taking shape.

The first milestone has been achieved. You can see it here — Responsive Web Design.

This a sequel to my previous post, UI journey of .NET tutor — 9-Aligning with freeCodeCamp and The Odin Project.

Organizing Existing Knowledge

Now that I have a milestone to show, I have some proof about what I already knew. I have never went through a formal front end training before (this freeCodeCamp would be my first time), but I did work on a lot of front end projects.

I did have some front end knowledge, over 10 years worth, going into the course.

As I walked myself through the dozens of courses and tests and final project submissions, I realized that I knew 70 % of what was going on. The remaining 30 %, I learnt new. More importantly, I have the knowledge, now, slightly better organized.

That’s good. Also, I am happy that there is such a well designed online course for people like me to use. The freeCodeCamp stuff is so good, I am now — having gone through the course-confidently using it to teach my own students.

I strongly recommend anybody who is learning to give this a shot. Yes, god willing, once my pandemic financial debt reduces, I will be donating a serious amount of money to this project. freeCodeCamp has been added to charity/donations tracker file.

Final Note

Next, my path is clear. I will push on with the next stage of my learning on freeCodeCamp. Get a few more certifications, have my knowledge organized. Eventually, I hope, this long journey will end, with me having the necessary front end technical skills.

A sequel to this post, is now available here — UI journey of .NET tutor-11-I definitively suck at JavaScript

I work as a full time freelance coding tutor. Hire me at UpWork or Fiverr. My personal website is here.

--

--

--

I have been tutoring for a while now. I write some quick tips, tutorials and related topics here.

Recommended from Medium

GURUFIN official channels

Access Platform Updates

Finding the Smallest Number of an Array with Quantum Computer

Microsoft Edge Browser For Macos

Day 1: Personal Development Cycle

Top 5 skills you need to master as a software engineer

C# — How to Convert Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to PDF

Custom Container View with Auto Layout

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Jay

Jay

Freelance Tutor — Coding, Generative Art and Photoshop. Full Name : Vijayasimha BR

More from Medium

Design Patterns

Clean Coding: Step One

4 Testing Libraries You Should Use In Your Web Project

Learn SOLID Principles by Building a Simple App