City of Zion (CoZ) is a global community of open source enthusiasts, with the shared goal of helping NEO achieve its full potential, CoZ is committed with the continued development and operation of the NEO network. CoZ primarily operates through the community Discord and CoZ Github, central places where the community shares knowledge and contributes to projects.
CoZ is neither a corporation, nor a consulting firm or a devshop / for-hire group.
There is no formal process in joining CoZ. Interested individuals will have to do the work first, and the submitted code has to be licensed under the MIT License. Consistent contributors will become eligible to join the CoZ organization, and begin collaborating on projects. The governance process of this organization can be found here.
CoZ is not a regulatory body and take no responsibility for the quality of 3rd party smart contracts deployed on the Neo Blockchain.
Since its inception, the CoZ Council has been in close contact with the NEO Council. The NEO Council provides support to the community, in the form of NEO rewards, which CoZ redistributes weekly.
For individuals who are interested in financially supporting CoZ development, our donation address is AXSoNQEKjmqPBNPg5cNrHyWivfjok3Vj9D.
For transparency, CoZ Council members are excluded from weekly NEO rewards, and any CoZ competitions. For their contributions to the NEO ecosystem week #35 was awarded 170 NEO and week #36 was awarded 143 NEO.
Week in Review
We continue to expand with high quality contributors. CoZ has sponsored, run or participated in several hackathons across the globe to attract new talent. Currently we are looking for hackers and security/cryptography experts that are interested in crafting tools for developers and on developing and improving the blockchain at a deeper level. This requires more time and efforts than the eventual open source contributor can afford, so we established and are testing a internal system of full time maintainers and security specialists, you can see our team at https://cityofzion.io/team.
Projects in CoZ now have sufficient critical mass that listing individual contributions is overwhelming and not very informative for the general reader. For this reason we will now list new releases only. For more granular information you can enter in https://github.com/CityOfZion to see the dozens of projects run by our organization.
- Version 0.33.0 was released and now you can launch full nodes using the Go implementation.
- Version family 0.6.x is now available, installing it is now just a simple command
pip install neo-python.
- Version 1.0.6 is now avaible in NuGet for this modular C# framework.
- Version 3.4.5 is now out with important improvements on
- Version 0.2.2 was released with improvements to how bad connectivity is handled, this resulted in a visible improved performance on the ICOs happening in the period.
- Our security team focus on coznet has already deployed several consensus improvements to NEO main network resulting in neo-cli 2.7.4. Users of the network may have noticed both shorter block times and better behavior on ICOs. There are several improvements still available but the focus will now shift to block distribution and P2P protocol, after that we will finally be pushing for CoZ nodes decentralization.