Get the Most out of Dreamforce ‘18
If you’re a Salesforce customer, partner or employee (or thinking about being any of those soon), it’s that crazy time of the year again! Yes, it’s less than 50 days until Dreamforce takes over San Francisco. But how do you get the most out of Dreamforce? As a 9-time Dreamforce goer, here are my recommendations.
- Build out and prioritize your agenda: go to the Sessions section of the Dreamforce website and create your custom agenda. With almost 3000 sessions and many sessions being added daily, make sure to check in each week to see if there’s anything new (many keynotes are still being scheduled for example). Use the filters on the left of the page to narrow things down. I like the Roles and Products filter the most. BTW if you’re from a manufacturing company, I just learned that the CEO of AMS Technologies (one of Propel’s customers) will be speaking on how he uses Propel and Sales Cloud to drive customer transparency and higher company productivity. Stay tuned on the time and place of the session.
- Check out the Customer Success Expo: there are LOTS of great Salesforce and partner booths to learn about. Before you go in though, have a plan for what types of solutions you should be looking for. Salesforce just acquired CloudCraze and Mulesoft, so it’ll be interesting to see what they showcase at the Expo. BTW if you’re interested in CloudCraze (now known as B2B Commerce Cloud), make sure you visit Propel at booth 1816. We’ll show how you can make sure Commerce Cloud has the right product information.
- Win stuff: everyone’s giving away some really cool stuff, so I can’t wait to see what will be the hot topic this year. Maybe it’ll be Propel’s giveaway? We’ll be giving away Ember smart mugs, as seen on Oprah and Ellen! And we’re also giving away the Ultimate Dreamforce Survival Kit along with AscentERP and KBMax. It includes an Ember mug, On Running shoes, a Yeti cooler, lots of $100 gift cards, hand sanitizer and other goodies. Sign up to win here!
- Have fun: Dreamforce is a great way to learn about the latest cloud technologies like Propel. But there’s also a lot of ways to have fun. Make sure you pace yourself — remember, Dreamforce is a marathon, not a sprint. My former Apttus colleague Maria Pergolino and the Anaplan team have listed all the fun Dreamforce parties and events. Check it out!
- Meet new people: there are so many people to meet at Dreamforce. Don’t just stick to your own crew of fellow employees. Say hi to the people who sit down next to you at lunch, a partner reception or just waiting in line. I’ve met so many interesting people through the years!
- Don’t forget about time: the Dreamforce campus is big, and with over 100,000 people registered, it’s challenging to navigate the crowds. Make sure to build in enough time to get from one place to another!
Originally published at www.propelplm.com.