12 Things You Should Know Before Buying a Laptop or Tablet
If you are debating between buying a Laptop or a Tablet you landed into the right article. Let me help you choose.
There is no device that will be able to do all the things you want. 2-in-1 devices have not been able to replace solely designed devices.
If you are dabbling between buying one device or the other let me help you decide what is best for you.
First and foremost, tablets have always been that weird device that many people like and want but it does not work as a smartphone or as a laptop, but is also great for some weird reason. Anyway, here are the reasons:
When to pick up a Tablet?
- You cannot afford a powerful (expensive) laptop, but you need superior performance
- You only browse the web, listen to music or stream video from YouTube, Netflix, or Disney
- You need a precise, relative cheap device for “handwriting”
- Portability is a top priority for you
When should you go for a Laptop instead?
- If you need a super powerful device
- You need to execute complex tasks or run special software for your job
- When device weight is a non-issue
- If you want to play highly intensive video games
Some general recommendations:
- Buy whatever device you feel more comfortable with
- Read and try to understand the technical specs of the device, specifically with Laptops
- Hold o to the current device for at least 2 generations. Year-to-year upgrades are too insignificant so if money is an issue or you just want to save some money do not upgrade your device every year
- Get a LTE/5G compatible device for maximum portability if you don’t always have Wi-Fi