How To Scrape Aliexpress Data in just 3 steps
Over the past decade, the e-commerce market has been continuously evolving in a way that has completely changed the purchasing behavior of the customer. Entering the e-commerce field has now become very easy but to survive in this unexpectedly grand competition is very difficult.
So, the question is:
- How does the seller survive in this competition?
- What are the skills required for the seller to predict the ever-changing behavior of the customer?
- And the most important, how do you monitor your competitors?
For all these questions, the only answer is: Analyse the various data of products and their trends, as well as the data of customer reviews and ratings.
However, the internet generates millions of user data every day. And, analyzing all this data is not practically feasible. The only solution to this problem is web scraping. Web scraping will help you to analyze the data in the most organized manner in just a few clicks.
Are you wondering, how to do web-scraping?
Here is the complete step by step guide on how to scrape Aliexpress product data.
In this tutorial, we will build an AliExpress product Scraper to scrape product data like title, price, image, ratings, etc.
We’ll build this web scraper using ProWebScraper.
This AliExpress Details Scraper will scrape the following fields, from the AliExpress product page:
Below is a screenshot of the data which we will be scrapping.
Well, let’s begin.
To simplify things, we have divided the entire process into 3 stages and each stage consists of a few easy steps to follow:
Step 1: Create A Free Account at ProWebScraper
Step 2: Create and Configure a Scraper
Step 3: Downloading Your Data
Step 1: Create A Free Account at ProWebScraper
Go to Prowebscraper.com and create a free account. With ProWebScraper, you can scrape 1000 pages for free.
Once you’ve logged in for ProWebScraper, you’ll be brought to your ProWebScraper scraper tab. Here’s, how it will look like:
Step 2: Create & Configure Scraper
- The next step is to create and configure our scraper by entering the URL of the AliExpress product page.
- Once the website is loaded at the ProWebScraper, we will select the desired data from ProWebScrapers easy point-and-click selector feature.
- Let’s have a look at the whole flow, step-by-step:
(2.1) Enter the product URL and click GO.
- At the ProWebScraper Scraper tab, Start with entering the URL of the AliExpress product page, such as https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32693064622.html, and click on “Go” to load the page.
(2.2) Select the Title.
- Once the page is loaded, you can start configuring the scraper.
- All you need to do is, click on the data point of the page to select that data point. For example, to scrape the title of the product, just click on that.
- To name this data point, either double click on the column name or from the list of data columns settings and select rename.
(2.3) Select more data.
- To scrape more data points such as Ratings, Reviews, Orders, and Price you just need to click on the “Add column”.
- Then click that data point on-page to select that data point and rename it.
- Here is an example of how to “Add Column” and rename it for Ratings.
- You can do the same for Reviews, Orders, Price, and Images.
(2.4) Save and Run scraper.
- Once all the data points are selected, now you need to save the scraper.
- Click the “Save” button to save your scraper.
- You can enable/disable the option ”is this listing page” based on your scraper.
- For now, we will keep this option as disabled, as we are scraping details.
- Name your Scraper, and then click Save and run.
- Once the scraper is saved, it will take you to the scraper Dashboard. From there, you can download the results of the run once it is over.
Step 3: Downloading Your Data in CSV or JSON
After the scraper is successfully finished, your data will be available for download within the Scraper Dashboard.
You can easily access the data from the Job History tab. You can see the previous runs including the latest one with the results at the top.
The data will be available for download (1) in JSON or CSV format.
You can see the “Data Preview” of scraped data (2).
Sample Data File (CSV Format) :
Sample Data Preview:
Benefits of ProWebScraper:
- ProWebScraper does not require coding.
- You can easily search for data using keywords or by selecting categories or subcategories.
- You can scrape thousands of Aliexpress product pages for free using ProWebScraper.
- No chance of getting blocked. You can scrape as much as you want without getting blocked.
- To analyze changes in the price or stock of a product, you can scrape the data periodically as daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- The data can be downloaded in various formats such as CSV, Excel, or JSON.
Are you still wondering, how web scraping will help you in growing your business?
Here’s the answer:
- Monitoring your competitors: Web scraping will help you find out changes in price ranges or new products launched by your competitors
- Using Web scraper, you can easily predict the market trend, which will help you to develop a market strategy.
- With the help of a web scraper, you can set the optimized price, which will help you to attract more buyers.
- You can also monitor your own data in one place using a web scraper.
I hope this blog will be helpful to you in understanding web scraping and useful for successfully scraping the Aliexpress products data.
Do share your valuable comments, and feedback here and help us grow!!!