Teacher. Guide. Captain.
Evaluation is a systematic determination of a subject’s merit, worth and significance, using criteria governed by a set of standards. Source : Wikipedia.com
What Is Tact?
Tact is the ability to tell the truth in a way that considers other people’s feelings and reactions.
•It allows you to give difficult feedback, communicate sensitive information, and say the right thing to preserve a relationship.
- Emotional intelligence, respect, discretion, self-awareness, thoughtfulness, compassion, subtlety, honesty, diplomacy, and courtesy.
Introduction — Evaluation
•Feedback is called evaluation
•Heart of the Toastmasters educational program
•Learn how to give and receive helpful evaluations
•You have listened to and observed others and their work and offered feedback
- You evaluate in some manner every day, at home, at the office, and in the community.
•People join Toastmasters clubs to improve their speaking and leadership skills, and these skills are improved through evaluations.
•Members prepare and present speeches based on Pathways
- Their fellow club members evaluate the speeches or leadership efforts, enabling the members to develop their speaking or leadership skills.
- The tone and content of an evaluation have great impact on the speaker and even on the club.
- A harsh evaluation may cause a member to leave the club.
- An overly kind evaluation may not help the member to improve, making the member frustrated and unhappy.
- Good evaluators strive to find a balance between the extremes, giving evaluations that are helpful and encouraging.
- Although most of the time you will be evaluating others in the club, the skills you learn can be applied in all aspects of your life. You will become a better listener and a more critical thinker.
Click here for the next part