How to buy collectible book tokens on Publica?
Follow this simple step-by-step tutorial to learn how to buy crypto collectibles on Publica web platform to browse collectible items, send tokens to your friends or even trade tokens!
In order to buy BOOK tokens on Publica, you will need to install MetaMask extension, create or import a wallet, open the Publica Shop and select a desired book.
Step 1. Install MetaMask extension
- Open MetaMask.io website or search for “Metamask extension” in your favorite browser (you can install Metamask for Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers).
2. Click Add to Chrome to install MetaMask as Google Chrome extension.
3. Click Add Extension.
You have successfully installed MetaMask extension. That was easy, isn’t it? Now, it is time to add your cryptocurrency wallet.
Step 2. Create or import an account (wallet)
After installing MetaMask you can create new account (new wallet address) to use or add your already existing wallet.
Creating new account
- When the extension is installed, click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the MetaMask, read and accept the terms.
- Create a strong password and click Create.
3. You will see a 12 words seed phrase. Save seed words as a file or copy them to a safe place and click “I’ve copied it somewhere safe”.
4. You have successfully created an account in MetaMask with a wallet address!
Now you can view your address on Etherscan (Ethereum blockchain explorer), check the QR code, copy your wallet’s address to clipboard or export your wallet’s private key:
If you don’t have a wallet yet, you can choose one of the three options — download Publica app and create a wallet, use a third-party service like MyEtherWallet to create a new wallet (see this tutorial) or create a new wallet in MetaMask.
Importing existing account
There are two ways how to import an existing account. If you have a seed words (mnemonic phrase) you can import your wallet straight away:
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the MetaMask, read and accept the terms.
- Click Import Existing DEN.
- Enter your wallets seed phrase (mnemonic phrase).
- Enter a strong password
- Click OK.
You have successfully imported your wallet to MetaMask!
If you have an existing wallet address but you don’t have a mnemonic phrase, read instructions on how to export existing wallet address to MetaMask using a private key or JSON file
Step 3. Add PBL tokens to your MetaMask account
In order to see available PBL tokens on your account (wallet address), follow these steps:
- Open the “Tokens” tab.
- Click Add Token.
- Enter the information:
Token Contract Address: 0x55648de19836338549130b1af587f16bea46f66b
Token Symbol: PBL
Decimals of Precision: 18
4. Click Add.
You will now see your PBL token balance in your account.
Voilà! You are now ready for the final step — purchasing books on Publica platform.
If you don’t have Pebbles and Ethers on your account yet, you can buy PBL and ETH on exchanges and send them to your newly created wallet address to be able to purchase books (you can buy Publica on Uniswap or Bilaxy exchange).
How to buy PBL tokens on Uniswap
This guide is providing a step-by-step tutorial on how to buy or sell PBL tokens on Uniswap.
Step 4. Buy books on Publica platform
- Open Publica Catalog — https://shop.publica.com
- Find a book you would like to buy and open it.
- Click Buy.
4. If you like what you see click Purchase.
5. You will need to confirm two transactions:
6. Congratulations! You have successfully purchased a BOOK token that is representing access key to a book’s contents! Click Done.
If you already have Publica’s e-reader app, you’re now able to read a book using your app!
And also don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Official Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/publicaio