Public Mint Community Updates #5
Sep 17, 2021 | Building up to the launch of EARN: a glimpse on what’s coming next
As we approach the final stages before the launch of EARN, we’d like to share ou progress, our plans and our ideas with you, our beloved Public Minters.
We’re sorry it took longer than we expected to put this together, and hope that this article will shed some light (and excitement) on what’s been happening on the background during the past weeks!
Roundup of the past months
- MINT Rewards Program: the MINT-only rewards program has been running seamlessly on the Public Mint blockchain for the part 6 weeks, with rewards being paid at a rate of 20% APY straight into the Public Mint addresses of everyone who have gone through the token migration, as outlined in this article. There are over 9 million MINT tokens now in our blockchain, with more being brought in. This version of the program will run until January 17, 2022, when the 2-way bridge will become operational, and it will be revisited to include governance incentives. It’s our plan to keep incentivising early adopters and liquidity, with a potential new program to incentivise USD and USDC liquidity in planning. For more information, check out this guide.
- Major CeFi partnership: We have officially joined forces with another major CeFi provider, one of the industry leaders in the lending space. We have lined up the announcement to push it to the press on Tuesday, 21 September, and hope to have a wide coverage on that. This partnership will cement our second source of earnings for the launch of EARN. Development here is 90% done already, and this will make the product more diverse, resilient and streamlined before launch. We are just waiting for the press to break the news as they require exclusivity, therefore we can’t say the name — but next Tuesday we hope to make this clear for everyone.
- Metamask integration: we have laid out the instructions for connecting to the Public Mint blockchain via Metamask. This means users have another option to connect to the Public Mint ecosystem using familiar Ethereum-based tools. The crucial thing about this is that users will be able to use Metamask (configured for Public Mint) to access upcoming DApps in our network — including community-built ones that have been in the works by our amazing developer community. The next steps are to create an easy, one-click way of configuring the network to Metamask wallet from within our wallet interface, which should come in the next months after EARN is launched.
- Public Mint, publicly speaking: We’ve also taken steps to establish our presence and voice across authoritative media. Our COO, Paulo Rodrigues, was joined by heavyweights such as IBM’s director of digital assets Nitin Gaur and R3’s head of business development Muneeb Shah for a panel discussion at the Digital Commerce event. You can watch the entire panel via this link.
- New Strategic Marketing partnership: We have been in conversations with a renowned global marketing and communications strategic partner to get our product go-to-market strategy sorted, and this onboarding has been absolutely thorough. As it stands. We are working on finalising the agreement on the scope of work and on a tactical plan to bring EARN to market in a way that makes sense given our current status and budget. This partner has extensive experience in working with some of the biggest blockchain companies, and they have been hard at work putting together a step-by-step tactical marketing plan to make the most of the marketing. We will announce this partnership in the next couple of weeks, and again in the interest of transparency, we’re outlining the preliminary plan below — with approximate dates (exact dates should be agreed upon really soon).
EARN Program Launch | Preliminary plan
We have been working tirelessly to put together all the key components of EARN, including technical integrations, compliance, FinOps, and QA of the earning and connectivity mechanisms.
This has proved to be quite a challenge, especially given that part of the work relies on partners that have their own timelines, workflows and decision processes. We have made great progress and we are more and more confident that our product is beginning to mature in a very positive way.
However, in the interest of transparency, we have also suffered a couple of minor delays, both on the technical side and on the business relations necessary to create the integrations.
We also have one important internal company announcement to make as we implement the working plan — something that should help us get even more exposure, and that will be going out during the first launch.
The strategy around the launch is divided into three distinct phases, each with a key objective, spanning the next two months.
Stage 1 | Waitslist and creating hype
Starting in early October
Waitlist combined with a referral functionality, so that our community can join a queue in the run-up to the Beta limited release. This is to gather interest and create initial demand to gain exclusive access to the first Beta release. Users can subscribe to the list and refer friends in order to skip places in the queue as others join using their codes.
Stage 2 | Beta limited launch
Starting at end of October/Early November
EARN Beta limited launch, which will be focused on gathering feedback and adjusting the user experience so as to smooth out the app and program before opening up to a broader audience. The app should have the core functionality to showcase the use of EARN, USD+, USD.
Stage 3 | EARN unrestricted launch
Starting at mid- to late November
EARN open launch will be open to the public at large, incorporating as much of the feedback as possible. At this point, we will greatly scale marketing and PR efforts to expand awareness of the product following the strategic marketing plans — including, but not restricted to, Youtube influencers, major news outlets, product review sites, social media, and whatever our Marketing partners judge important to the mix.
Throughout the releases, we will be working in the background to incorporate all the other elements that are in the roadmap for EARN, as well as other potential sources of earnings (including DeFi protocols, CeFi partners and insurance partners).
What comes next
This is by no means a static plan, and we shall be testing, measuring and reassessing our strategy in the light of new information/feedback that will inevitably arise.
In parallel to the go-to-market strategy, we continue to work on the community side to try and onboard the contributions of our developers’ community, who are working tirelessly to build solutions to create value and utility on the network.
So, to close this, we’d like to apologise for the silence from the past few weeks, and thank you so much for your continued support and patience.
As always, please stay tuned for more announcements, and feel free to drop by our Telegram Channel with any questions you may have. Our head of community will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have — and in the first person, on there (as he’s the one writing all the updates anyhow).
Peace out, and thanks for being a part of this community!
Until next time!
About Public Mint
Public Mint is an open and complete blockchain platform for fiat money, where funds are fully collateralized and held on deposit with regulated, FDIC-insured institutions. Public Mint offers an open, fiat-native blockchain and APIs, ready for anyone to build fiat-based applications and accept credit cards, ACH, wire transfers, stablecoins and more. On top of that, the Public Mint EARN platform offers users automated and diversified returns on USD assets, leveraging the power of blockchain and DeFi.
Telegram Group: https://t.me/PublicMint
Telegram ANN: https://t.me/PublicMintANN