Announcing the Data Revolution for Policy Makers Conference
UN Global Pulse is delighted to announce that the Data Revolution for Policy Makers Conference will take place on 21 & 22 February 2017 in Jakarta. Below we share the highlights from the conference agenda and open registration to the general public.
In 2014, Pulse Lab Jakarta worked together with Bappenas, the Knowledge Sector Initiative and UNDP Innovation to host the Data Innovation for Policy Makers Conference in Bali. The conference was a response to the call made by the Independent Expert Advisory Group on the Data Revolution for Sustainable Development to provide concrete ways of improving data collection and analysis for sustainable development.
Taking the conclusions from the 2014 event as a starting point, this year we will come together again to host the Data Revolution for Policy Makers Conference in Jakarta on 21 & 22 February. The theme of this year conference is “Expanding the Evidence Base: Government Demand for Advanced Data Analytics in Indonesia”. The conference will bring together over 300 researchers, policy makers, activists and data analysts, drawn from the Government of Indonesia, private enterprises, UN agencies and civil society organisations.
Discussion at the Data Revolution for Policy Makers Conference will revolve around issues related to big data and real-time analysis techniques for planning, monitoring and evaluating social development policies. It is a platform to share the successes and challenges of harnessing new data sources, as well as testing technically sound and politically feasible solutions to inform policy decisions through data innovation.
Some highlights from the conference agenda:
- A keynote speech by Prof. Bambang Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning, Republic of Indonesia (TBC).
- Special messages from Yanuar Nugroho, Deputy Chief of Staff of the Executive Office of the President, Republic of Indonesia and H.E. Ambassador Hamdullah Mohib, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Ambassador to the United States of America.
- Six plenary sessions, including: taking stock of the data landscape; taking the pulse — applications of real-time data for decision making; the policy side of data innovation; synchronising and sharing data; forging data partnerships; and reconfiguring citizen engagement.
- Case studies from the three United Nations Global Pulse Labs, based in New York, Kampala and Jakarta.
- Lightning talks by Giulio Quaggiotto (Innovation Professional), Arnaldo Pellini (Overseas Development Institute), Mimi Onuoha (Eyebeam), and Jeremy Boy (UN Global Pulse), each showcasing a different facet of data sense-making.
- Six Data Clinics facilitated by practitioners and experts from UN Global Pulse, RTI International, AIPEG and Data61.
The conference will feature an exhibition by our ten event partner organisations, showcasing their cutting edge work on data innovation for policy making.
Registration is also open to the public. If you are interested in participating in the conference, please register by 13th February 2017.
Pulse Lab Jakarta is grateful for the generous support of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Government of Australia