What to Write in Your Valentine’s Day Cards
If you find yourself tongue-tied every time you try to compose an affectionate note, we’re here to help. We’ve pulled together 19 ideas to get you inspired and grooving — consider it a ballad-filled mixtape. And we’re inviting you to take a listen.
1. Music to their ears: Got a fave band? Remind your Valentine how into them you are by saying you love them like (insert favorite band). Take it to the next level by mentioning you even kind of like them more than your rock idols.
2. Let the card do the talking: This year, we released 20 new Valentine’s Day cards. Some are cute. Some are sexy. And some say everything you need to say.
3. Always on my mind: Whether your Palentines are near or far, they will appreciate hearing that they are always on your mind.
4. Long-distance reminders: Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and snail mail takes that fondness to 100. Start a countdown to keep the anticipation growing, and call to mind all the fun things you’ll do once you’re together again. And even the not-so-fun things, like changing diapers.
5. Best trait: What do you enjoy most about the ones you love? Their smarts, their sense of humor, or maybe their quirkiness. Whatever it may be, tell them!
6. One big happy family: February 14 is a time to be thankful for the people in your life. Thank your persons for who they are and for the people they’ve brought into your life.
7. I love you: Whether it’s for the first time or the millionth, hearing these three words never gets old.
8. Bear hug: Make your card feel like one big bear hug. If you have a Papa Bear or Mama Bear in your life, show them what it feels like to be in their embrace.
9. Heart-Filled Anniversaries: How many V-Days have you and your partner been together? Send them those good vibes for another year of doing this thing called life together.
10. Nicknames: Sign off your card with the nickname only your #1 calls you. Special moments, inside jokes, and stuff that only the two of you share strengthens that already rock-solid bond.
11. All the moments: Fancy dinners and gifts are great, but it’s the moments in between that matter most.
12. St. Valentine to the rescue: May St. Valentine’s Day bring you handsome and beautiful suitors if that’s what you’re after. If not, just tell him to come over with chocolate and wine for a Netflix-and-chill type of night.
13. Don’t take it easy on the cheesy: Admit it: We’re all cheesy from time to time. And if you’re going to be cheesy just once a year, this is the time to lay it on thick.
14. Hearts on hearts: When you keep the message short and sweet, your handwriting artist has lots of room to embellish your message with all the hearts. Have a special doodle request? Leave a note for your writer.
15. I love you this much: How much love is enough love? No matter if it’s bunches, a ton, or from here to there, it doesn’t hurt to spell it out for them: It’s a whole helluva lot.
16. Like crazy: You’re kind of wild about them: Your friend. Your kid. Your mom. Your … cat. Now’s the time to make it known loud and proud.
17. Love grows: The more you’re together, the sweeter you are on them. Send it off in a letter, and by the time your snail mail arrives, you’ll be even more keen on them than the day you sent it.
18. Travel buddy: Recount how much you cherish all those globetrotting good times. You can even include a photo (or 6) of your last escapade or get them fired up for your next trip together.
19. HVD: At the end of the day, you don’t need to send anything more than “Happy Valentine’s Day,” especially if you include a photo. Those are worth 1,000 words.
We don’t know about you, but we love reading love notes. If you find yourself feeling the same way, head over to the Punkpost app to check out all our cards and start sending. We’re only 20 days away from the big day.