Purple, Rock, Scissors Named “Best Workplace for Commuters”
Whether we’re enjoying a stroll through downtown, poppin’ ollies down Orange Ave., or hopping aboard the train, getting to and from PRPL HQ can be the best—and greenest—part of our day. That’s why we’re honored to be named one of 2017’s Best Workplaces for Commuters in the nation. With ample transportation opportunities, we save time, money, gas, and carbon emissions — not to mention dodging the notorious Orlando traffic.
Best Workplace for Commuters is an innovative national program recognizing companies who offer outstanding travel alternatives that benefit employees, the environment, and the community. They provide public recognition and promotion, technical assistance and training, web-based tools, and information forums for those businesses who are making the daily jaunt a little friendlier to our planet.
Here’s why we made the list:
- We have a strong team of remote talent working from all corners of the nation to help make PRPL tick. That alone reduces our work trips by 7%.
- A hearty breakfast is served in the office every AM, so no extra pitstops are necessary.
- One of our PRPL perks is Work Remote Wednesday, allowing the staff to hustle from home and cutting down our weekly commutes by 17%. Pajamas optional.
- We offer a monthly transit stipend, whether that’s for a nearby parking garage or the SunRail. Free parking areas are also available, along with free Lynx Lymmo rides.
- Bikers, walkers, and boarders get gift cards for going green and saving on their costs and ours. Plus, they can ride right up to the office, and even around inside (safely).
- We’re located in the heart of the city, which means endless opportunities to explore the town and a flourishing environment to fuel our creative minds.
Purple, Rock, Scissors is among only 229 companies in the U.S. recognized for offering commuter benefits that truly make a difference. It’s an essential part of our culture and makes our lives a whole lot easier, so we can focus on the important stuff when we’re here.