Push Notifications: Brand New Way of Marketing
How Push Notifications are proving to be more effective than email marketing for online stores
One of the biggest challenges faced by modern day marketers is to decide which digital channel is the most effective for engaging users. Since the turn of the century, email marketing have been the staple for most marketers. If you rely on email marketing as well, read on below.
You have invested in an automated email service for your business and you send a weekly email to all your subscribers, to keep them updated on the latest products, offers and news about your store. The first barrier you face is getting your store visitors to sign up for your email updates, since most people are reluctant to part with their contact details unless they are offered an incentive.
For now, let’s say you don’t face this issue and you have a healthy subscriber base. But these subscribers are not exclusively yours. What happens when they open their inbox just to find a dozen emails from other sources as well? How well do you think your email will perform when stacked against other promotional emails and newsletters?
This is where push notifications (see how they work) far out-perform the traditional email marketing methods.
- One click is all it takes: Visitors to your store will see a prompt asking them whether they want to receive notifications. As soon as they click ‘Allow’ you can start sending them notifications. The best part? You don’t even need their email IDs to do so!
- Quick & effective: Unlike emails, you don’t need to spend hours agonizing over composing your notifications. Crafting a new notification and sending it out takes just 2 minutes.
- Cheaper than email: Most online stores already spend a good deal on acquiring emails and using an email marketing service. Some splurge even more money on designers for creating newsletters and graphics. With push notifications, you don’t have to worry about any of these costs.
- Higher engagement rates: Push notifications contain images and grab attention quite easily. Owing to this, they have significantly higher open and click rates compared to emails, which can go unnoticed quite easily.
- Multi-platform delivery: Push notifications are delivered instantly to desktops, mobiles and tablets, regardless of the browser being used. And what’s more, your subscribers will receive notifications even if they are not on your store.
- Visibility: Promotional emails have a tendency to find their way to the ‘Promotions’ tab or the spam folder, reducing their visibility. But push notifications aren’t affected by this problem since the notifications are instantly delivered to the subscriber’s screen.
To wrap this up, while push notifications cannot completely replace email marketing, they have proven to be an incredibly powerful tool for driving customer engagement and increasing sales. Over 3000 stores have been using PushOwl and have seen amazing results. You don’t even have to worry about spending a dime since there is a free trial on offer!
Don’t be afraid to dip your toe in the water…you might just find a sunken treasure.