Slaked lime from highly reactive quicklime with 𝐒𝐏𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐎_𝐑𝐓𝐂® QualiCal hydrator
𝐑𝐓𝐂® (𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥) features is novel as regards the slaking plant, and makes QualHYDRO suitable to optimize the hydration process in terms of fineness and wide surface area spectrum
QualiCal for a Sustainable development
A functioning and resilient infrastructure is the foundation of every successful Company. To meet future challenges, our industries and infrastructure must be upgraded. For this, we need to promote innovative sustainable technologies
Within the spirit of #NEVERSTOPINNOVATING QualiCal R&D corporate vision, QualiCal upgrades since 1998 its QualHYDRO hydration plant modules, in order to optimize the hydration process efficiency producing a wider spectrum of hydrated lime products.
Traditional Hydration plant
Operations were limited as follows, when the slaking plant was run with highly reactive quicklime from the PFR kiln (t60 from 18 to 30 seconds):
- The proportion of oversize particles (residue at 0.090 mm) in the unrefined slaked lime increased up to 60%-75%
- The plant output is reduced by up to 50%
- The plant output rate had to be reduced to approx. 2.5 tons per hour.
- Power consumption at 25 kWh/ton was too high.
QualiCal vision is to upgrade lime infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes.
In order to overcome the limit of existing technology, QualiCal designed and manufactured since 1998 its brand new SPYDRO RTC
- SPYDRO RTC is composed by an high speed pre-mixing reactor (equipped V-shape and T-shape blades more than traditional shape blades) and by 2 seasoning stages that, in combination with the RTC® — reaction temperature control features — makes QualHYDRO suitable to optimize the hydration process in terms of fineness and wide surface area spectrum.
- QualiHYDRO — RTC is provided also by QualiCal patented dedusting filter on the side to reduce the emission it atmosphere within the state of the art environmental limits.
- When slaking highly reactive quicklime, the proportions of oversize particles in unrefined slaked lime was to be reduced to less than 45%(residue on an 0.090 mm screen).
- Power consumption reduced <15 kWh/ton.
Further improvements and upgrades
Water recover with QualiCUBE — AQUA module
QuaHYDRO is provided also along with AQUA module to optimize the usage & recovery of process water.
Water recovery with QualiCUBE — Cal.DO module
In full line with SDGC, QualiCal upgraded hydration plant by a dedicated Cal.DO module suitable to recovery the heat waste from the hydration process.
QualiHYDRO Modular solution and SPYDRO-RTC® hydrator
QualiCUBE Modular solution has been implemented by SPYDRO RTC® (reaction temperature control) a compact slaking plant of advantageous dimensions making it suitable for installation in confined locations.
- Slaked lime from highly reactive quicklime — Heinz Marti, Netstal, Switzerland, and Gian Mario Cella, Bergamo, Italy — EULA Munich 2000
© Created with ❤️ by QualiCal 2022