Synthesis HP: FINE LIME kiln
High Pressure operation, together the well known Synthesis plus points, for a reliable FINE LIME production experience.
Much of the world’s lime production is now carried out in PFR kilns. The quality of the finished product together with the reduction of operating costs in terms of energy and the use of a 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 are becoming key factors in ensuring efficient and sustainable production.
Conventional PFR kilns are able to calcine limestone with size greater than 40 mm. In the past, stones with smaller size have been always treated as waste or processed in rotary kilns which present higher investment cost & higher heat consumption.
Flexibility has been always a target for QualiCal Synthesis® Kiln, and this is valid also in stone management , maximizing the usage of a wider stone size range and minimizing the wastes in the quarry.
HP — High Pressure operation
Fine Lime Calcination does it mean to deal with higher pressure drop generated by the reduction of the free volume between the stones.
In reference to a given cross section, the fine lime operational condition causes a significant reduction of the kiln nominal capacity.
QualiCal proposes the HP High Pressure Synthesis Kiln operation
maximizing the kiln capacity production, even during the Fine Lime Production Experience optimizing the pressure to reach an uniform heat distribution
Thanks to a simple & effective design, all the Process Valves (Air-Fume Valves, Stone Charging Valves, Lime Discharging Valves) of the kiln have been designed to operate at higher nominal pressure (up to 500 mbar).
Kiln Shell are dimensioned to safely withstand higher operating pressures as well,
- Assuring highest robustness & reliability.
- Making Synthesis kiln & its key components fully compliant to be operated in High Pressure (HP) mode.
Anyway, Synthesis® kiln represents the most effective calcination Plant for the FINE LIME production experience, thanks to a series of technical solutions embedded in its original design & developed according to the #neverstopINNOVATING long term R&D QualiCal vision:
- Variable cross section area, from the rounded one to the wider rectangular, to always guarantee a smooth material flow, especially with small fractions.
- Rounded section in burning area to support higher operating pressure.
- Direct crossover channel to avoid deposit of dust.
- CARGO feeding system to control segregation, especially with combination of fine and wider stone fractions, and distribute homogeneously the material along the shaft.
- METRO shaft level indicator to measure with high resolution the material and manage the discharging system accordingly.
- High density lance burners to assure the most uniform injection of the fuel along the shaft cross section.
- Lime discharging system with nr.3 independent tables for each shaft, to break any tension on the material and avoid bridging inside the shaft assuring an optimal flow of the material along the kiln.
QualiCal for the Sustainable Developement
Our planet has provided us with an abundance of natural resources.But we have not utilized them responsibly and currently consume far beyond what our planet can provide. We must learn how to use and produce in sustainable ways that will reverse the harm that we have inflicted on the planet.
Usage of fine lime QualiCal support
SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT AND USE OF NATURAL RESOURCES
By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
RESPONSIBLE MANAGEMENT OF CHEMICALS AND WASTE
By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
Created with ❤ by QualiCal 2021