Quarantine in Barcelona, Day 6
The city starts to breath fresh air and good news seem to give a hope message.
The effects of confinement, in terms of air quality, are already evident in Barcelona.
Reuters Posted Before and after satellite images and still photographs of landmarks worldwide show the impact coronavirus is having around the globe.
A message of hope is sended though whats with really good news:
- China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.
- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County’s first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid
- 19 can treat others infected by Covid-19. So it’s not all bad news. Let’s care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.
Some good news arrives together with the rise of new cases. Some news of a vaccine from China had moved some suspicious…China had been one of the first countries to develop the vaccine is not a matter of conspiracy, but of pure logic. Was the first to suffer the virus, so the first to know and study it. And it is a world power: it has many resources to investigate.
The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2, with its genetic DNA sequence, had been published today in Nature Magazine, COVID. Infections with SARS-CoV-2 are now widespread, and as of 11 March 2020, 121,564 cases have been confirmed in more than 110 countries, with 4,373 deaths. Arriving hard in USA.
Today 2 cases from 2 known people arrived at me, the mother of a neighbour and a workmate, are positive. The first one is recovering in the hospital, the second one is starting to have symptomes, is like a faringitis told me with high fevers around 38 and 39 fever.
This morning I visited for shopping the Boqueria Market at Ramblas is very different from what uses to be. At 12.00 midday a desert view form one of the most visited spots of the city, after Europe is closing borders amid coronavirus outbreak.
Tourism already contributes to Spanish GDP three times more than automotive. It is the second sector that contributes the most to employment, with 15% of the total, second only to commerce, Economic data flourish bad days to come.
Several companies started to do “ERTE”s and kick off their workers :Ford (-7400), Air Nostrum, Bioparc, Dentix (-3200), Renault (-11.000),Volkswagen SEAT (-14.800), Gestamp (-6000), Cabify (-4500), Alsea: Vips, Starbucks, Cañas y Tapas, Domino’s, Foster’s Hollywood (-22.000), Burger King (-14000), CAF (-4400), Iberostar (-34.000), Pikolin (-870), Adolfo Dominguez (-728), Globalia (-16.000)…
Menawhile Italy bans dismissal of workers for coronavirus for two months.
Afterall now we don’t look at numbers of kicks off, we look just for recoveries and good news. A battle is leaking, what is more important Health or Money?